Luka Modric

Gaudi

He wasn't bad, he again played like a last man in mid...honestly I don't feel like writing to much

BBZ8800

He wasn't bad, he again played like a last man in mid...honestly I don't feel like writing to much

It happened tons of times in the past.
Modric is awesome against smaller teams, OR against bigger boys when he is surrounded by 10 RM players when opponents (double) man mark CR7, Bale and other guys, and thus Modric has lots of space in the middle to play, run and pass.

He didn't play (imo) as a DM because he wanted to.
But because CR7 knows how to neutralize Modric.
When Real loses, CR7 knows how the opponents neutralized their team and Modric.
Cr7 just told to his teammates to do the same what hurts Real Madrid the most (when they lose).
And that is: push him to play deep, and don't let his midfield teammates to receive the ball easily (ok, this sounds stupid and simplified, but you get the point).

Badelj was shitting his pants, Rakitic was bad and covered and that's it.
Modric alone, without 10 RM players around him can't do shit.

I personally don't like Modric and I often tell to my friends: oh, world cup or Euro is coming? A perfect moment for Modric to disappear in big matches and gone MIA again.
He does it everytime.

Euro 2012, Modric missing in key matches.
Wc 2014, Modric MIA against Mexico.
Euro 2016, Modric missing in a key match again.

Again, he is a perfect player, when he plays in a big team, or when his NT team plays against smaller teams.
When NT team faces big boys and when Modric should take a key role, he is always missing.

I am saying for years that this guy lacks testosterone and bravery.
Again, it somehow works in RM, when he is surrounded by such a quality and when he has so much space.
In NT team, he is exposed a lot.

People can laugh at CR7, but at least he can create something in key moments even in his crappy NT team.
Cr7 is invisible for 90-119 minutes, but he creates some magic in the end.
Modric is invisible for 90-120 minutes.
And he creates a shit in the end.

Maybe our NT team will be better in the future when our leader/key player will be some player with less quality than Modric, but with bigger balls.
This team, when Modric was our leader was a choker team, level 20 000.
RM would probably be the same team with choker Modric as a leader.
Luckily, they have CR7, Bale and other guys, who for some reason always pull something in key moments and save Modric's ass.
Aka, they have some balls, no matter how much we hate them and how much we don't want to say that.

Last edited:

Ekul

Misplaced a few passes, but still oozes class. Tried to dictate play from deep as his team failed to create anything, made a few great surging dribbles. This guy was made to play for Barca. Shame.

kilian

He was again today in questioning in the Office for the Suppression of Organized Crime and Corruption in Croatia. They questioned him regarding his transfer to Tottenham from Dinamo, which is under investigation. They say that he signed the annex to the contract after the transfer was done and by that annex he had rights for 50 percent of transfer fee. He gave 7 million euros from that fee to Zdravko Mamic and kept 1,5 million to himself.

His defence was that he didn`t know he was doing anything wrong and he can pay back the money he took. Yeah, it is completely normal to take 50 percent of the transfer fee and give it in a bag to chairman of the club and take a little bit for yourself.

Fantastic player, but a disgusting human being.

El Flaco

He was again today in questioning in the Office for the Suppression of Organized Crime and Corruption in Croatia. They questioned him regarding his transfer to Tottenham from Dinamo, which is under investigation. They say that he signed the annex to the contract after the transfer was done and by that annex he had rights for 50 percent of transfer fee. He gave 7 million euros from that fee to Zdravko Mamic and kept 1,5 million to himself.

His defence was that he didn`t know he was doing anything wrong and he can pay back the money he took. Yeah, it is completely normal to take 50 percent of the transfer fee and give it in a bag to chairman of the club and take a little bit for yourself.

Fantastic player, but a disgusting human being.

Do you have a source about this case please?

Jai_007

Modric is invisible for 90-120 minutes.
And he creates a shit in the end.

this is a ridiculous claim considering how many times Modrić decided NT's wins against BIG teams; in Euro... Ronaldo did nothing for his NT. his "magic" was NOWHERE to be seen, he didn't decide... or even HELPED decide a thing. also, Ronaldo has better teammates in Portugal than Modrić does in Croatia -- PLUS Croatia's manager is one of the most incompetent managers i've ever seen - played Modrić as a libero.

i don't like Modrić but to describe him as a choker and alibi player who is pretty much worthless without Ronaldo is waaaaay too much; Croatians always expect the world from him and when he (or rather the NT) doesn't deliver - they have epic meltdowns. they're even worse than us Serbs when it comes to real expectations and bipolar behavior - Modrić was a hero when they played against Turkey but "worthless" when Portugal won. amazing.

Home of Barca Fans