Luka Modric

Bergkamp10

Mhm. The media are the same pretty much anywhere you go, I don't see what's so special about the English media.

Yeah the english media is pretty rubbish.

Just thought it was an interesting rumor and noticed there was no thread on Modric so made one. I don't think he'll go to Barcelona but I do think a big club will sign him soon enough. Spurs won't be a top 4 club this time next year.

Bergkamp10

Yes probably not true but good to have a thread on an exciting player who will inevitably move on to better things.

Matija

Modric is a great player, he could be a good cover for Xavi/Iniesta in games of lesser importance, so we can rest our big guns for important matches... Many underrate him, but I have a feeling he would do good at Barca... It's his favorite team afterall. The only thing I don't like is huge transfer fee, he's worth something in 20 mil. € range, not more.. But, this are just rumors, I don't think there's anything more to that...

Trequartista

The good
He is not going anywhere anytime soon,Jack,He is one of the best players at Spurs,just signed a new contract and cant see any powerhorse team making snubbing Afellay and Pastore to concentrate more on Modric,a great player though but as Edward said he is not suitable for us,will do well at many teams in Europe.

Rohit

My money is on Man united getting him, ferguson has praised him many atimes, he even wrote about him in his programme notes. But do they have the money though?

Bergkamp10

He is not going anywhere anytime soon,Jack,He is one of the best players at Spurs,just signed a new contract and cant see any powerhorse team making snubbing Afellay and Pastore to concentrate more on Modric,a great player though but as Edward said he is not suitable for us,will do well at many teams in Europe.

Yeah possibly. I think if any Spurs player leaves soon it'll be Bale. Modric would do well at United imo.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The rumor is silly yeah... but people brushing it away saying the player is not Barca level, you just need to watch him more please! Modric is quality, quality and nothing else

Last edited:
T

The Horse

Dunno about Modric, he's obviously a good player but I think he might have found his level at Spurs. He's good at a lot of things but isn't outstanding at any one thing. He is a fairly conservative passer, decent vision etc. I think he's on Hleb's level, and we all know how that turned out.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I read some where... Txiki almost had him before moving to Spurs, but then he took the advice of Corluka(or Eduardo is it!?) that England is good and he instead head to Spurs.

imo he's really good. A player of the profile like INiesta & Silva. On par ith Silva I'd say. His play making abilities are too good, he's got a great pace, got a screamer for shot, dribbles really well and he's strong on the ball(though he doesn't look a strong man but the fact that he made it in England only tells it so). One of the few players with flair in England he is, among the top 5 mid fielders. He's on par with Nasri, I'd even say he's actually better than him!!

He's had to make way for van der Vaart so he could go on with his free role but defo better than van der Vaart he is, the example being the most recent game against Man Utd. When vdv couldn't crack the Utd defenses, Modric hit his top gear and there wasn't a single instance you could see vdv apart from his shot that hit the post.

E

elricho

modric is quality. he's just gone 25 too. him and corluka are best buds, after modric signed for spurs corluka demanded to leave city for spurs. id take him if we dont get cesc. we willl eventually get cesc but it could take a few seasons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Was Modric really a MoM vs. ManUtd?
Some rumours have linked him with Barcelona lately.

Home of Barca Fans