Ronaldinho Gaucho

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it's a shame, but I can understand it.

he missed out on 2010, he'll be too old for 2014, milan are bringing in an italiano coach who I doubt will tolerate ronnie's ways (like carletto).

the guy has won it all, I think all he sought was redemption for brazil, which dunga denied him, so now he's just going to party out the rest of his days.

wish he coulda waited 'til after the gamper, but it is what it is.

adeu, ronnie. :(

S

Super Pippo

Ideally for me Galliani plan would have been perfect, extend his contract but with smaller salary so there is room in the budget for squad additions, and Ronaldinho is guaranteed a place in the club until his career comes to its natural end. It would have been an ideal situation for all, but I understood that his loyalty was never to the club, so his wages would be a cause to move on before his contract expires. However, the fact that he is moving on to even lower wages is very disappointing, that shows no respect to the opportunity and faith given to him by Milan, I never had him down as doing that. Yes there is new challenges with him for a new manager, but you expect a top player to rise to that, not run away to an easy life. If this is his attitude it is for the best, a great talent no doubt, but with such an attitude useless to Milan. A great shame.

Beast

The Observer
Vanity

He can now party and extended his waist line in the shores of Brazil where he will be Mj loved without a slight concern of people attacking him like the rest of those who moved early to Brazil for their safety zone .
Vagnar Love, Fred,Adriano (went to Roma and missed the first training = brilliant ) ,Robinho ,Ronaldo and now Dinho .
Brazil is heading in the wrong direction unless they start building a character along with the natural talent

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He justs wants to be home and enjoy his footy with less pressure and what not.. He won everything possible in footy anyways who cares Ronnie will always be happy.

Beast

The Observer
premature return
people with such talents should head back around 33/35 like the old generation not in their late 20's

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Vanity

He can now party and extended his waist line in the shores of Brazil where he will be Mj loved without a slight concern of people attacking him like the rest of those who moved early to Brazil for their safety zone .
Vagnar Love, Fred,Adriano (went to Roma and missed the first training = brilliant ) ,Robinho ,Ronaldo and now Dinho .
Brazil is heading in the wrong direction unless they start building a character along with the natural talent

you're right.

these are all the players who grew up poor, like, dirt poor.

what I hope this sparks is more brazilians staying in brazil. developing their game whilst maintaining a brazilian identity (rather than an adopting a european one). more teams like santos can only be a good thing, and if they can blend this brazilian ability with the few that do go to europe... could be amazing.

I will say, however, that ronaldinho was always a party boy, then barca set him straight but while at barca he won everything there is to win. it's not like robinho, adriano, etc. who haven't got a complete set of medals and are still in their primes, really. the two ronnies had full careers in europe before returning home.

S

Super Pippo

He justs wants to be home and enjoy his footy with less pressure and what not.. He won everything possible in footy anyways who cares Ronnie will always be happy.
He never won a Serie A title, if he was truelly a top player and still has the abbilities, no way would he be moving back to Brasil without giving it a proper attempt. He has given up, only thing that you can say it is.

diegomessi

I dont think he has given up i think he does not care he is content and happy with how his career went

Beast

The Observer
he will be 31 this season and brasilians tend to peak early in there careers compared to most
Diego Rivaldo is still kicking it , Romario stayed for so long ..etc
he is a pussy like the rest of the lot

you're right.

these are all the players who grew up poor, like, dirt poor.

what I hope this sparks is more brazilians staying in brazil. developing their game whilst maintaining a brazilian identity (rather than an adopting a european one). more teams like santos can only be a good thing, and if they can blend this brazilian ability with the few that do go to europe... could be amazing.

I will say, however, that ronaldinho was always a party boy, then barca set him straight but while at barca he won everything there is to win. it's not like robinho, adriano, etc. who haven't got a complete set of medals and are still in their primes, really. the two ronnies had full careers in europe before returning home.

I'm afraid Meta the level of football on the defense side is misguiding , a guy like Dinho will dribble past players on his reputation without the slightest effort .
comes to the international level and he will be blocked by the first accomplished defender .
he did win it all like Ronaldo and Carlos but at his age and without the injuries like Ronaldo he should have stayed 3 more years at least but he just don't want to put the effort anymore .
his medals are nothing compared to the likes of Ronaldo,Carlos or Cafu and look @ Carlos who just returned last January to Corinthians what has Dinho won in comparison even though he is 100 times more talented .
u look back @ Dinho career and u feel that the Barca first 3 years was the exception not the standard

Sadly i feel that's the Brazilian mentality they need the European tough system to flourish and maintain their form .
it's still a matter or character the old generation looked for personal glory the current generation is easily satisfied as long as the bank account contain 7 figures .
pity

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a big pity, cautionary tale perhaps for the greats...So glad Leo has been taking the smarter path than some of his contemporaries let alone the past legends

Beast

The Observer
Nah Argentinians are a lot more professional and look for their legendary statues than Brazilians .
the later once they are rich they want to enjoy the money and work a lot less ... lazy if you want to call them

MJ BarcaFan

What are you talking about guys? These recent media reports about Ronnie tsk tsk... just take it like a grain of salt. What else is new?

I think Ronaldinho will see out his contract with Milan... and is keeping his options open for now.

However Flamengo and other clubs wanted Ronnie, of course Berlu will all veto them !!!!!

diegomessi

Nah Argentinians are a lot more professional and look for their legendary statues than Brazilians .
the later once they are rich they want to enjoy the money and work a lot less ... lazy if you want to call them

I try to make my GF understand this concept....

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
sad to see him quitting it at the top level if this report is true :( my favorite player but his attitude and character was just not there to push through the hard times of his career.

Home of Barca Fans