Page 1 of 176 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronaldinho Gaucho (R10)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shabazz

Ronaldinho Gaucho (R10)

Personal Profile

Full name Ronaldo de Assis Moreira ( Ronaldinho)
    Date of birth March 21, 1980 (1980-03-21)
    Place of birth Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Height 1.81 m (5 ft 11+1?2 in)
    Playing position Attacking midfielder, Left Winger

Some may argue that he was the best player and a Legend in the Frank Rijkaard Era, while others may complain that he caused no more than trouble and chaios in his last 2 seasons.

In my opinion, Ronaldinho was Barcelona's Icon, a true leader on the pitch at his prime, however his downfall was dramatic, and sadly a helping hand was not offered. Late night outs, parties, drinking, missed training sessions was common in Ronaldinho's last 2 seasons at Barca. The amount of criticism he began recieving was unbearable, after he gained the trust of the fans and the club he slowly started to lose it.
    Ronaldinho lost his starting position to the likes of Giovani Dos Santos, Thierry Henry, and Iniesta and he was mostly left out of squad or benched. People may now wonder how this could all happen to a once FIFA World player of the year.

The top speaks of his last two seasons at the club. However, one should not forget what he gave in his first 3 seasons at the club:
    Ronaldinho signed for FC Barcelona in 2003 from France giants Paris Saint-Germian. A tug of war between FCB and Manchester United ended as the the Brazilian signs a five-year £21m deal.

He made his team debut in a friendly against A.C. Milan at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C, scoring one goal in a 2-0 victory. After suffering from injury during the first half of the campaign, he returned and helped lead Barcelona to a second-place league finish.

Ronaldinho won his first league title in 2004-05, and was named FIFA World Player of the Year on December 20, 2004. On March 8, 2005, Barcelona were eliminated from the Champions League by Chelsea F.C in the first knockout round, with Ronaldinho scoring both goals in a 4-2 loss.

By the end of the 2004-05 season, Ronaldinho had started to accumulate a host of personal awards. He won the inaugural FIFPro World Player of the Year in September 2005, in addition to being included in the FIFPro World XI. He was named as both the European Footballer of the Year . He was again named FIFA World Player of the Year with 956 points, more than triple the amount (306) of runner-up Frank Lampard.

On November 19, 2005, Ronaldinho scored twice as Barcelona defeated Real Madrid 3-0 on the road in the first leg of the El Clásico. After he sealed the match with his second goal, he received a standing ovation from the Madrid fans. He was chosen for the UEFA Team of 2005 for the third consecutive year in January 2006.

He won the hearts of all the Barcelona Fans with his amazing technique, and entertaining ability. Ronaldinho scored mouth-watering goals throughout his career in the club. Examples are his bicycle-kick goal against Villareal, and against Atletico Madrid, or his goal against his current club AC Milan in the Champions League. He also scored an amazing long distance goal against Sevilla after an individual effort. Some of his best goals also include free-kicks which was his specialty at Barcelona.

Statistics

First match: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 1-0 (30-08-2003)
    Last match: FC Barcelona - Villarreal CF 2-3 (09-03-2008)

207 matches - 94 goals (La Liga: 145/70, European Cups: 42/18 (UEFA Cup:7/4, UEFA Champions League:35/14), Copa del Rey: 13/4, Supercopa de España: 4/1, UEFA Super Cup: 1/0, FIFA Club World Cup: 2/1.

Honours (Club and Individual)

Spanish Liga: 2005, 2006
    Supercopa de España: 2005, 2006
    UEFA Champions League: 2006
    FIFA Club World Cup 2006: Runners-up

EFE Trophy: Best Ibero-American Player in La Liga: 2004
    FIFA World Player of the Year: 2004, 2005
    UEFA Club Best Forward: 2004-05
    European Footballer of the Year: 2005
    FIFPro World Player of the Year 2005, 2006
    UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2005-06
    UEFA Team of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2006
    Best foreign player in La Liga: 2004, 2006
    FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball Award: 2006
    FIFPro World XI: 2005, 2006, 2007

Ronaldinho played his last match in a FC Barcelona Shirt against Villareal CF on 09-03-2008, he did'nt have a chance to say goodbye to the fans as he was reported to have picked up an injury after that match which kept him out until the end of the season. ( Some believe this injury was made up as relations between the player and the club hit an all time low, and it was decided he should be left out)

Surprizingly after he left the club to AC Milan, Ronaldinho wrote a farewell letter to the fans, staff, and ex-teammates at FC Barcelona thanking them for everything: (translated from Spanish to English)

"First of all I would like to express my gratitude to Barcelona's fans. At every time I felt their affection. I was very happy in Barcelona because the people always transmitted wonderful feelings. I have felt accompanied during the whole journey, and this sensation gave me strength always. I enjoyed playing football with Barça and I enjoyed pleasing the fans. I have felt close to the people of F.C. Barcelona which showed their affection at all times. I remain with the illusion of one day being able to say goodbye from the Camp Nou.

I'm going to a great Club, but with a certain sadness to have to leave the places where I was happy, in which I experienced triumphs, but especially emotions. Us Brazilians play football also to make others happy.
    This was one of my objectives and I am satisfied I achieved that.

I'd like to thank the support I have received from all the players I played with. It was an honor to play alongside footballers of such a high professional quality, but especially human quality. Many of them were not just team mates, but friends. We were a great group and everyone gave their contribution to the success. No player can win anything by himself. I have to thank my team mates and the Club for the individual awards which brought me here, I have a special memory of the Golden Ball and the FIFA World Player. Thanks because here I lived some of the happiest moments of my life.

I don't want to forget the coaches, the masseurs, the doctors, all the people involved at the club; they are a part of the triumph too. I extend my gratitude also to the managers who supported me and the press which accompanied me over the years. They will all remain indelible memories of an exceptional period.

I've received a lot. I was happy in Barcelona and with Barcelona. I will keep all of this in my heart with great affection. Football is a game, a party, it's a sport to enjoy and to give joy. You have to play football with a smile. That is its significance for me. Thank you for having smiled with me."

- Ronaldinho
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

Crazy
    today is birthday of our legend :2145960713mundoemot

I watching AC Milan only because of him...I would like to see him in Barca shirt again but that is only my dream it's far away from reality :sad1:

Happy birthday to him, even if he is not in Barca anymore...
    BARCA - MES QUE UN CLUB - CAMPEON!!!
    :flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8:

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/downl...9-castella.pdf

here,from page 28 is great text about him...in spanish...if someone needs help with translation or sth,feel free to ask...incredible text,made me cry..
    Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy - the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation

Gave us all some fantastic memories, happy birthday ronnie

Was a sad sad sight to watch him play for Brazil last night.

Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Gave us all some fantastic memories, happy birthday ronnie

Was a sad sad sight to watch him play for Brazil last night.
    I forgot to watch the match...how he played?

Quote Originally Posted by R10(FCB) View Post
    I forgot to watch the match...how he played?
    He was terrible hardly ever touched the ball just strolled around the centre of the pitch looked totaly uninterested,was subbed after i think 60mins.
    Was a sad sight to see he to me has lost is love of the game was a shadow of his former self.
    The commentators were saying all through the game he is doing nothing at all, kept saying why is Dunga keeping him on.
    Never once saw that famous smile, but no one can take away the memories of one of the greatest players to put on a Barcelona shirt.

Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by MinaFCB View Post
    http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/downl...9-castella.pdf

here,from page 28 is great text about him...in spanish...if someone needs help with translation or sth,feel free to ask...incredible text,made me cry..
    I wish there was an english version of this looks like a really interesting book.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

He's been tat for months now really. He had a decent start at Milan but since about the end of November he's gone to pot. Talk of extending his contract and upping his pay has turned to whether they should sell him or not.

Shabazz

All the newssites have articles today about Ronaldinho wanting to return to Barcelona, his agent also confirmed it. As much as I really like him and all, I doubt any move back would happen, unless he would accept a huge salary cut and a bench role for some time then maybe. But you never know, especially if Sandro is elected as President, anything could happen.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

I get the feeling he wants in on our success. It would be a crying shame for the hard working Henry who tracks back to be dropped for a lazy Ronaldinho.

I wouldn't mind the old Ronnie back though, the one that came up to 05/06.

Shabazz

Ofcourse, Henry has been superb this season and fully deserves all the credit for it. I wouldn´t want Dinho back currentley even though I really like him and all, but not at this form. Just saying, with Rossell running for President, and the good relations with him/Dinho/Nike .. a return is very much possible in the future.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

I walk the line
    Why would anyone think that ronaldinho could get back to his pre-28 self? It would be a crying shame if he returned. Im not a ronnie hater (far from it in fact..in his latter days i defended him saying it was the managements fault he dropped so badly) but honestly this would be a bad bad move.

Crazy
    Henry's last season in Arsenal was bad,than he moved to Barca, he wasn't in good form in first season but he play great now, why all of you think that Dinho can't do the same? Every our player tell that Guardiola know how to motivate a player, so i believe that Pep could motivate Ronaldinho to.

Because he has been shitty for 3 seasons now, both club and nationalteam.
    And Henry's last season in arse wasn't bad, he was injured almost all season, and when finally returning to field, he wasn't in form at all. Dinho both sucked at us, and now at Milan.