Ronaldinho Gaucho

Ripsta

... and out come all the twats around the world to enhance his genius to something he clearly wasn't.

One of the true greats, a legend who kick started the Club to the position in right now, and one of the most entertaining players to ever kick a football, but anyone who says his peak was better than Messi at his peak can fuck right off.

It's just like Brazilian Ronaldo, soon as he retired it was "if he'd stayed fit he'd have been Pele, Maradona and God all rolled into one".

Ronaldinho did things that took your breath away, I love him, but Messi does things that dumbfound you and question the laws of physics. No comparison, so don't make one.

Kohe321

Messi is better than Ronaldinho ever was. One thing is to give him credit as an absolute legend of the game, which he is, but if people think he ever was as good as, or even better than Messi, then it's a clear case of what always happens after a player retires - their legacy becomes almost mythical.

Just wait for the day when Messi retires, it will be completely bonkers. But in his case it will actually be accurate to call him the greatest footballer ever, something that shouldn't be thrown around lightly as it cheapens its meaning.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hope he has a testimonial with Barca too. He probably deserves a statue too like other absolute iconic Barca legends, or a walk of fame kind of thing Atletico got, that would be cool IMO. Or a wall of honor.

Either way, absolutely love this guy.

Man, Barca should really have something that honors all the legends that played for this club. Perhaps not a statue like Kubala because it would be too many lol, but something like a wall of honor would be nice with the stadium development.

Kohe321

Man, Barca should really have something that honors all the legends that played for this club. Perhaps not a statue like Kubala because it would be too many lol, but something like a wall of honor would be nice with the stadium development.

A player hall of fame with the kit from the players most successful season, his story and some highlights running on a loop would be a nice touch.

Perhaps they could even go for bronze statues. Just get another maker than whoever did Cristiano's. :lol:

Meatball

Didn't watch him, was still a kid. But his YT highlights and skill clips are very entertaining though. respecttoalegend#

vlad

Because of him many today barca fans including me started to follow this club, impact he had on this club its hard to explain, i remember how he almost ended at man. United, story would be alot different for barca, rosell was the guy who pulled strings to sign him.

He didnt play on high level many years, which is sad, he was pure entertainer and in the same time he took whole team on a new level, in his prime he was most atractive player to watch, even more then messi, its not about stats its just that pure joy when you waiting when will dinho get the ball and show would start.

jamrock

My only wish would have been for him to have played even 1 season with Messi and pep, imagine a team with a motivated dinho and those two. Jesus Christ.

No one replies and state some obvious shit like how important pressing was to a pep team or anything like that, like they are having a genius moment.

Devils

I loved that commercial.

On the topic of that, still the most beautiful football boots of all time imo.

115750.jpg

Fit for a king. King R10.

Windhook

I'm not going to write who is greatest of the greatest. I'm just glad Ronaldinho choose to come to FC Barcelona in a time when the club was rebuilding from the ruins Louis Van Gaal left, it's known he had offers from other more reputable clubs at that point. No denying Ronaldinho changed the history of the club. It was a joy to watch him perform at top level for almost a decade in France, Spain and Italy. Hands down the most technically advanced player I've ever seen in my lifetime. Wishing him all the best!

El Flaco

Ronaldinho's Farewell Letter on Instagram

Thank you, my God, for this life you gave me, family, friends and my first profession.

After almost three decades dedicated to football, I say goodbye to my biggest dream, dream come true.

I did what I most loved professionally for 20 years, and 10 as a basic training. I lived intensely this dream of children, every moment, trips, victories, defeats, the review, national anthem, the walk in the tunnel, dressing room, field entrance, the soccer shoes I used, the good and bad balls, tributes I won, the stars that I played, those that admired and played and those that only played in the play, but I admire until today! Anyway everything was amazing.

My father and my family supported me a lot to get here, it was a team effort. We arrived at the end of the first stage with a beautiful story to tell.

You know me, and you are well aware that I am shy and I do not have the habit of talking a lot, but I have to say thank you from my heart, from a clean soul, for I have done what I love with the help of all, coaches, whole committees, leaders, cheer for and against, the bus driver, the wardrobe, the gandula, the referee and the press. Thank you, we built this story together, without you nothing would be possible.

In the month of March we will make an announcement of how it will be farewell and the next steps. For now, here's my thank you.. That famous phrase "gracias vieja" for being my source of inspiration for so long and companions of many victories.

Thank you all for the messages and affection. A strong hug, I was very happy making this sport my life and profession.

Ripsta

Messi is better than Ronaldinho ever was. One thing is to give him credit as an absolute legend of the game, which he is, but if people think he ever was as good as, or even better than Messi, then it's a clear case of what always happens after a player retires - their legacy becomes almost mythical.

Just wait for the day when Messi retires, it will be completely bonkers. But in his case it will actually be accurate to call him the greatest footballer ever, something that shouldn't be thrown around lightly as it cheapens its meaning.

Yep, just look at Paul Scholes. Ever since he retired his reputation has increased ten fold.

Home of Barca Fans