Ronaldinho Gaucho

bismp

Ronaldinho got me into football,so reading this letter definitely got me emotional.Thank you Ronnie :')

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just realized he's only 36 years old. It's so sad to think about what could have been and how early his career at the top level ended... :(

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]819189772052795392[/tw]

Very touching.

Love the guy. :cry:

What you’ll be most proud of, though, is helping to change football in Barcelona through your style of play. When you arrive there, Real Madrid will be the power of Spanish football. By the time you leave the club, kids will be dreaming of playing “the Barcelona way.”

Listen to me, though. Your role in this will be about much more than what you do on the pitch.

At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you. You and your teammates will go watch him play for Barcelona’s youth squad, and at that moment you’ll know he’s going to be more than a great footballer. The kid is different. His name is Leo Messi.

You’ll tell the coaches to bring him up to play with you on the senior side. When he arrives, the Barcelona players will be talking about him like the Brazilian players were talking about you.

I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Both Pep and Ronaldinho confirmed the latter was the one who decided to leave as he knew his cycle was over despite Pep wanting him to stay.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not really sure if that's entirely true but I guess both are more comfortable with that version.

I think pep didn't really want him but wasn't upfront about it and Ronaldinho saw where the wind was blowing from and did the smart thing.
Imo. Ronnie was being generous there.

Total-Football

i imagine the scenario as the following

Pep : " Ronney, i want you to stay, but no one is guaranteed a starting spot "

which is a euphemism for, you're not a starter ( asking to leave gently )

Ronaldinho : " got yah "

bismp

Welcome back legend
[MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION] we should add a Ronnie emoji,if there's not one already

Home of Barca Fans