Ronaldinho Gaucho

Stric

True dat. So "sad" to see such a player in a club like Atletico Mineiro at only 32. I'll never get over him leaving Europe so early. To think what more he could have given European football at his age...

89Norcal

True dat. So "sad" to see such a player in a club like Atletico Mineiro at only 32. I'll never get over him leaving Europe so early. To think what more he could have given European football at his age...

But Atletico Mineiro is a top club in Brazil now. They just narrowly missed out on the title, after finishing mid-table the two seasons before and being in Brazil's second division 6 years ago. Ronaldinho has been a huge contribution to them.

B

beautifulgame

:facepalm:

Stric

But Atletico Mineiro is a top club in Brazil now. They just narrowly missed out on the title, after finishing mid-table the two seasons before and being in Brazil's second division 6 years ago. Ronaldinho has been a huge contribution to them.

I have nothing against Atletico Mineiro. I've seen their growth in the recent times, that's cool and all, but it's not a world-stage club, and it's way below the standard of a player of Ronaldinho's caliber.

89Norcal

I have nothing against Atletico Mineiro. I've seen their growth in the recent times, that's cool and all, but it's not a world-stage club, and it's way below the standard of a player of Ronaldinho's caliber.

Ronnie's last few years at Barca were definitely complicated to say the least but they typified his struggles with discipline and focus that he had at Milan and Flamengo. He was looking more and more like he was washed up and burnt out.

I even remember reading an article on how Pep made an effort in his first year to isolate Messi from Ronaldinho, and his party/lackadaisical attitude. Essentially he told Messi you can either party and be rich and a good footballer, or you can focus and become a great. Which is ironic since Juca Kfouri (Brazilian journalist) said the same thing about Ronaldinho during his time at PSG.

I'm just glad that Ronnie is ending his career on a high note by being an integral part of a top Brazilian side. Much more graceful exit than just fading into retirement.

Based on his performance this season , has he got any chances of making it to the world cup ?

I think it will take another really good season for Mineiro. He needs to show his playmaking and leadership makes up for his lower pace. But with Ganso falling out of favor he may have a solid chance.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Oscar took Ganso spot. If you mean by being a super sub veteran with experience, then yes Ronnie can take the spot aw well as Kaka. But will Scolari give him a chance? Who knows Scolari knows Ronaldinho so yeah, but Ronnie can't be partying. The next two year will be very crucial to him.

89Norcal

Oscar took Ganso spot. If you mean by being a super sub veteran with experience, then yes Ronnie can take the spot aw well as Kaka. But will Scolari give him a chance? Who knows Scolari knows Ronaldinho so yeah, but Ronnie can't be partying. The next two year will be very crucial to him.

Ronaldinho could offer so much more than Oscar as a playmaker, that should be evident to everyone IMO. But recent Brazilian coaches have made some mind-boggling selections and tactical decisions, so who knows if another great season will even be enough for him.

Home of Barca Fans