The Month Ahead - Next 8 matches

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
25q92qo.jpg

Looking ahead at the next 8 matches (4 away, 4 at Camp Nou), it occurred to me that November is a helluva month for the club...7 matches - including 2 away in CL & the Clasico...Basically, a match every 4 days

How much/little will Xavi partake?...Will Pep be rotating players?...Will any of the youth players, apart from the return leg against Ceuta, be a part of the rotation?

RM will also have 8 matches (3 away, 5 at home)

We're going to see the table start to give way, I suspect, to the cream of the crop

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I´m not worried with our away matches. CL trips will be tricky no doubt but there we can afford to drop few points.
This season it´s the home games that Barca finds difficult. And we are having Sevilla, Vilarreal and Madrid. We´ll need Xavi but how much will he play noone really knows. I don´t see Pep rotating much though. He speaks of giving more chances to youngsters but he ends up playing same players with 1 or 2 variations.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
On Sunday, I hope we'll tear Madrid a new hole.

It might of course go the other way, but the hell...

¡Visca Barça!

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
On Sunday, I hope we'll tear Madrid a new hole.

It might of course go the other way, but the hell...

¡Visca Barça!

I think Madrid HAVE to win. They've reinforced themselves even more, bought the best manager in the world, are finally gelling and playing well, and they still don't manage to beat us (hypothetically speaking). It would completely kill their spirits I think.

TanzaBarca

I think Madrid HAVE to win. They've reinforced themselves even more, bought the best manager in the world, are finally gelling and playing well, and they still don't manage to beat us (hypothetically speaking). It would completely kill their spirits I think.

See their fixture fo the 8 games they have.

Hercules - Real Madrid 10/30/10 7:00 PM BST
Milan - Real Madrid 11/3/10 7:45 PM GMT
Real Madrid - Atletico Madrid 11/7/10 12:00 AM GMT
Sporting de Gijon - Real Madrid 11/14/10 12:00 AM GMT
Real Madrid - Athletic Bilbao 11/23/10 12:00 AM GMT
Ajax - Real Madrid 11/23/10 7:45 PM GMT
Barcelona - Real Madrid 11/28/10 12:00 AM GMT
Real Madrid - Valencia 12/5/10 12:00 AM GMT

We will play our way.

Bergkamp10

The CL trips aren't too bad because they're not long journeys really. Better than a flight to Moscow/Ukraine.

They aren't Bergkamp though so they don't have to drive, can't imagine a trip to Moscow is more than 2-3 hours tops on a private jet.

Bergkamp10

They aren't Bergkamp though so they don't have to drive, can't imagine a trip to Moscow is more than 2-3 hours tops on a private jet.

Yeah for some reason I was under the impression it was a lot longer but it's only 4 and a half. I just mean flights to Greece and Denmark are nice, quick flights. Plus an away game to somewhere like Russia where they play on an artificial pitch is difficult and tiring if you're not used to it but luckily Barca won't have that in their away trips.

Bergkamp10

The weather is an issue as well, it can get really cold in Copenhagen this time of year as well though.

Barca will be okay though. Looking at those game leading up to el classico, they all look winnable. Sevilla and Villarreal won't be easy but I still think Barca will comfortably take 6 points from both fixtures. I'm looking forward to el classico although I suspect Jose will try and ruin the spectacle by putting 10 men behind the ball and trying to catch Barca on the counter.

Trequartista

The good
Barca will be okay though. Looking at those game leading up to el classico, they all look winnable. Sevilla and Villarreal won't be easy but I still think Barca will comfortably take 6 points from both fixtures. I'm looking forward to el classico although I suspect Jose will try and ruin the spectacle by putting 10 men behind the ball and trying to catch Barca on the counter.

YOu will support who in Clasico?

Bergkamp10

YOu will support who in Clasico?

Barcelona.

I hate Mourinho and anyone he manages. Plus I like Barca, was a little pissed at the whole Cesc saga but they play football the way it should be played and are a great club. Always had a soft spot for them.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans