Ibrahim Afellay

StokeFan

I wouldn't have signed him to be honest..

I think it's a clever move. No, he's not what he was, but you're judging him from Barcelona's standpoint. Muniesa was probably nowhere near your level, but for us he's been outstanding. We have to judge from our level, and if Afellay can bring any of his true ability to our game then that is something.

He could turn out to be an absolute bargain as well, seeing as he cost nothing. I guess that all depends on his wages but I imagine he'll be on 40k a week.

StokeFan

Right now, hard as it may seem to believe, Afellay is one of the front runners for Player of the Season along with Marko Arnautovic and Jack Butland. The guy is absolutely class and has had a wonderful season for us so far. His versatility is partly what makes him so useful.

What a signing he's been.

Darko

Glad to see him doing well.
And Butland has arguably been the best keeper this season in the PL, he looks really good every time I see him play.

StokeFan

Glad to see him doing well.
And Butland has arguably been the best keeper this season in the PL, he looks really good every time I see him play.
Jack Butland is a good keeper, with the potential to go on to be maybe one of the best in the world. We're not getting too jumpy yet. He's still got a long way to go imo. We've been lucky enough to enjoy some superb keepers in recent years. Asmir Begovic was our number 1 for many seasons (who decided that sitting on a bench at Chelsea was better than trying to be a first team player), and before him we had Danish keeper Thomas Sorenson who was utterly brilliant for us. He takes some beating.

Unfortunately, Jack has broken his ankle playing for England. Not great news considering England are dreadful and will only go out in the group stages of the Euro's anyway :angry:

So it looks like our unproven youngster Jakob Haugaard will be starting from now till the end of the season. Looks a talented prospect. He was recommended by Sorenson, so hopefully he'll be solid.

StokeFan

Ibby has torn his cruciate ligament. Dreadful shame as he's been arguably our best player this season, certainly one of them.

Team has gone on holiday now. Shipping goals for fun.

Home of Barca Fans