Ibrahim Afellay

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
lol at getting excited about signing afellay.. the kid is the definition of a headless chicken he gets the ball and then runs and THEN thinks what to do with the ball.. i look at this as a perfect business deal (due to his age and the fee) but on the pitch dont expect 2 much.. another average player that wont help us much..

Yaya Toure, Seidou Keita, Maxwell...

Scott

Yea finally a dutchie :D (well, he's Moroccan at all..)

Ibby dreams about Barça, and the technical director from PSV think there will be a agreement soon.

And we are from the same city, just 10 mins walk from my house. :D

Last edited:

Xavi_78

I think we should give it a try. I mean how many people said that Mascherano could not cut it and now he has really impressed. I do not give a damn it there are no impressive youtube clips or he is only playing in the Dutch league, I think that Pep will see how he can use that guy to the best advantage. I know that sometimes he gets it wrong (Chyguy, but maybe he would have turned out good at the end, Hleb,..) but the big decisions he got right: bringing Pique back, promoting and backing up Pedro and Busi, Maxwell, who for me is a phantastic signing and squad player, the same as Keita, ... So for this price we can only win

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If the deal does go through... at the very least, we won't have to see Iniesta play in wings any more!! Don Andres permanently restricted to mid field is itself worth the transfer fee we are paying for Afellay, which apparently is only 3m :D

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sport & EMD are both running stories effectively confirming that an agreement has already been made for the transfer of the player, Afellay...The player's agent, Jansen, presented the offical Barca offer to the PSV Board...Bartomeu & Brands are finalizing the terms apparently in Eindhoven

Still quoting the €2-4 million figure & either a 4 or 5 year contract...Radio Catalunya confirmed the same...Marca are saying the figure is €3 million

Trequartista

The good
The only thing that comes to my mind is: why.

1-bec he is a good player
2-bec he is versatile,can play in 3 positions in 4-3-3,3 positions in 4-2-3-1
3-bec of Xavi's injury problems,we will have to play Iniesta in midfield(most probably in Xavi's position)
4-Busquets didnt convince in the Xavi role so far and I guess he will never Impress out there
5-He will cost only 3-5m
6-He will save a potential 50m spent on Cesc or Pastore
7-He will be happy to be only a squad player,he was a key player at PSV but his role at Barca will be similar to his role with his national team and he will be happy to do it,if we signed Cesc,he may not be even happy to be only a starter and may not be happy for not being a key-player,same with Pastore
This is how the club thinks but anyway I am not a big fan of this addition but he will be cheap so No Problem for me

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cheap, versatile and low risk...Worst case, move him later for at least what was paid for him but probably more

It was precisely the basis for why Mesut was a smart move this summer, IMHO

SoMa

1-bec he is a good player
2-bec he is versatile,can play in 3 positions in 4-3-3,3 positions in 4-2-3-1
3-bec of Xavi's injury problems,we will have to play Iniesta in midfield(most probably in Xavi's position)
4-Busquets didnt convince in the Xavi role so far and I guess he will never Impress out there
5-He will cost only 3-5m
6-He will save a potential 50m spent on Cesc or Pastore
7-He will be happy to be only a squad player,he was a key player at PSV but his role at Barca will be similar to his role with his national team and he will be happy to do it,if we signed Cesc,he may not be even happy to be only a starter and may not be happy for not being a key-player,same with Pastore
This is how the club thinks but anyway I am not a big fan of this addition but he will be cheap so No Problem for me

i read your post and then looked at your avatar... it fits so well

Trequartista

The good
Cheap, versatile and low risk...Worst case, move him later for at least what was paid for him but probably more

It was precisely the basis for why Mesut was a smart move this summer, IMHO

True but we snubbed Ozil bec we concentrated on a player who could have been better for us AKA Cesc Fabregas and it looks that Pep and Sandro were quite confident that Cesc will end up in a blaugrana,now Sandro told Pep that Cesc's operation is impossible bec of our current financial position,wenger,etc so happy with your squad or sign afe for you and pep opted for the latter but anyway snubbing ozil for 7.5m to sign Afellay is worth an explanation,even if its for 2m,and plz I dont want to see someone who says,Ozil needs Space,Afellay doesnt

F

Flavia

Our squad is thin; Xavi's injury will probably cost him playing time; he is cheap; he is young, can still develop. Great signing, if it becomes real.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You're right Mido...Could've been one of those Cesc vs Ozil things within the board but still rubs me wrong months later.

Afellay just seems like a no brainer, even if he doesn't pan out

Home of Barca Fans