Ibrahim Afellay

J

Jordzibob

Bojan*
Though somehow the commentator I had to listen to got him confused with Messi. Second time I've seen that happen, first was his absolutely gem against Villarreal which was a little more understandable.

Was it Rob Palmer from Skysports? Because he gets EVERYONE confused. In the Clasico he kept getting Jeffren and Adriano confused, and he did it a few times with different players against Malaga :lol:

Elite-BkD

Can you tell me where does Cesc exactly fit in our starting eleven?! It's Xavi, Iniesta and Sergio in midfield and Pedro, Villa and Messi in attack.

Even if he doesn't improve in leaps and bounds the way young Barca players tend to while working under Pep, Cesc could easily bench Pedro imo.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Even if he doesn't improve in leaps and bounds the way young Barca players tend to while working under Pep, Cesc could easily bench Pedro imo.

Benching Pedro for something more improved right? What do you think is an improvement to the current Barca now?

Elite-BkD

Was it Rob Palmer from Skysports? Because he gets EVERYONE confused. In the Clasico he kept getting Jeffren and Adriano confused, and he did it a few times with different players against Malaga :lol:

I dunno, might be. The first time it was whichever guy most commonly teams up with Tommy Smyth (at least in my experience) who's pretty stupid, though never as outrageously annoying as Smyth.

karthik

Pedro offers something that I think cannot be offered by many in the current squad. Endless pressure, running goals and extreme oppurtunist. His ability of first touch passes has tremendously improved. He is the darling of the Camp Nou and Pep. I do not see Pedro being dropped out for anyone as long as he fails to do what he can.

Elite-BkD

Then how could he bench Pedro? You want us to play 442?

No, I haven't said anything about a 4-4-2 have I? Are you suggesting that one player can only bench another if he is more or less precisely the same type of player and going to serve the exact same purpose?

No, I haven't said anything about a 4-4-2 have I? Are you suggesting that one player can only bench another if he is more or less precisely the same type of player and going to serve the exact same purpose?

No I'm however suggesting that to bench a player you should at least play in somewhat the same spot.

Elite-BkD

No I'm however suggesting that to bench a player you should at least play in somewhat the same spot.

Barca players don't play in spots. Cesc could play similarly high up on the pitch and it's entirely conceivable that Pep could use a lineup of Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta + Fabregas/Villa/Messi to stunning effect. Anyways perhaps it's time to stop with the hypotheticals about Pedro and Fabregas and Afellay's thread ;p

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yep, this is Afellays thread, go to Cesc's and Pedro's threads if you wann talk about them :D

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@barcastuff
Guardiola: "With the
signing of Afellay, Thiago
wouldn't play while he should at
his age. So he returns to the B-
team until end of season."

That should essentially rule out the signing of Fabregas fellas, stop dreaming about him wearing the prestigious blaugrana now... It's not happening, at least this summer it's not happening. And pray Afellay adapts well with the team & Thiago living up to the expectations, there's every chance Fabregas is not returning at all! At least we would be saving some huge chunks of cash and wont be helping another club beat us with our own money!!

Lesson to be learnt here for the kids, remain patient and you are going to be rewarded damn well!!

Home of Barca Fans