Ibrahim Afellay

S

Sammie

It really wasnt that bad. You could see he went on the pitch to NOT make a mistake, instead of showing what he can do by playing freely. He's definately out of his comfortzone. Needs time to find his place. Like Estel mentioned...he must be doing something good to get Pep's trust in such a short time he has been with the squad.

This. Give him some time, he's not going to adapt instantly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If you think about the attacking players to come to Barca in the midfield over the years (Ok, there haven't been all that many), there have been a precious few who could break into the rotation so quickly...I think that point cannot be diminished really - it has to be a sign that Pep has a good deal of trust in him already

I mean, being a tiki taka midfielder for Barca has taken most years to perfect before they could just slide into Barca's playing style...Ibi will adjust and I think as fans we have a good treat in store for us going forward with him

xsever

He seems comfortable dribbling and passing with both feet, so that is something Pep can definitely build on.

Just like he plays Messi on the right and have him cut through laterally.

Mocro

His passing and movement was nice.
Only I didnt like what he decided at 1:10.
He should made a more attacking pass or try to dribble him. Because what he did now was not taking any risks.

That was all Messi's fault. He ruined the moment by stying close to Afellay, instead of going deep towards the goal. Messi clearly needs to improve his game. :lol: :p

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
That was all Messi's fault. He ruined the moment by stying close to Afellay, instead of going deep towards the goal. Messi clearly needs to improve his game. :lol: :p

This reminds me a lot of what the fanboys used to say whenever Ibra fucked up. Also that drama queen from Asturias when Villa had a patch of bad form earlier on.

Mocro

This reminds me a lot of what the fanboys used to say whenever Ibra fucked up. Also that drama queen from Asturias when Villa had a patch of bad form earlier on.

Im sure they were just joking...like I am now. ;)

Last edited:

kaisers0ze

Hey everybody,

i'm a new barca fan since Afellay transferred to your club. I think there are enough other barca fans that became fan because they followed a particular player that transfered there, so there's no shame in that i hope.

I've been following Afellay since his dreamstart at PSV. Now i find myself watching every Barca game hoping he's coming on.
I myself was very nervous when he came on Saturday, turns out he was to.
That wrong pass close to the 16 box really got me worried. I'd shoot that ball very far at that point, but thats why i dont play for barca.
But all in all, although it seemed he slowed down the game, i think he helped keeping the ball on barca's side even if it ment walking back to the middle line.

Offcourse i will not just follow afellay from now on, that wouldnt be smart when watching a 90 minute game everytime which he might not be brought on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans