Ibrahim Afellay

Panna

He will be free in June.They try to sell him this winter so they can still make some money.
If Barça is really interested than will Barça be his choice.
Comparing Affelay with Iniesta is way too far. People say he made very little progress the last years,thats why he is still at PSV,there was no interest from other clubs.
Just because he is free (or almost) and his good play against Sweden with Holland,the rumours goes a lot of clubs want him.We will see,i do not think he's more special comparing him with one of the Barça B players.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We didn't sign Ozil, but now we're going to go for Afellay? Not to say Afellay is not a good player, but geez...

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Actually, Afellay will fit into our system far better then Ozil would have. Ozil is the sort of player who needs space to cause damage, he gets that with Real Madrid, but with Barca, where space is basically limited, he would struggle badly. Remember the Hercules game, Ozil was absolutely invisible, because he had no space. WHilst Afellay has been taught the Dutch way, how to find spaces in tight areas, he is a brilliant player.

Trequartista

The good
We didn't sign Ozil, but now we're going to go for Afellay? Not to say Afellay is not a good player, but geez...

This

Actually, Afellay will fit into our system far better then Ozil would have. Ozil is the sort of player who needs space to cause damage, he gets that with Real Madrid, but with Barca, where space is basically limited, he would struggle badly. Remember the Hercules game, Ozil was absolutely invisible, because he had no space. WHilst Afellay has been taught the Dutch way, how to find spaces in tight areas, he is a brilliant player.

Disagree,if Afellay would fit in at Barca then Ozil could have fit in here,anyway it looks that its between Barca and Inter

Culeee

Uhmm no.. afellay is a good but not a brilliant playeri dont think we need him nor do i think he is good enough for barca.. he is a player that is at his best when he has space to run into... i live in holland and watch the eredivisie every week and he is one of the best players in the league but that doesnt mean much anymore these days in the eredivisie... not 1 player in the eredivisie right now looks like ever becoming world class at the moment.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't need Afellay and don't need Pastore. Let's face it, they aren't world class either. There is no room for them in starting 11 and we already have players of their profile both in first and our second team. Besides, what of Thiago, JDS and Sergi Roberto then?
All Barca could use is a new LB and that's the place where bulk of our transfer kitty should go next summer. Add a cheap tall striker as a backup/plan B option or an experienced Inzaghi/Larsson type and we are set.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
He will be free in June.They try to sell him this winter so they can still make some money.
If Barça is really interested than will Barça be his choice.
Comparing Affelay with Iniesta is way too far. People say he made very little progress the last years,thats why he is still at PSV,there was no interest from other clubs.
Just because he is free (or almost) and his good play against Sweden with Holland,the rumours goes a lot of clubs want him.We will see,i do not think he's more special comparing him with one of the Barça B players.

This...

I'll pass...

Culeee

The thing with afellay is that he isnt much better then he was 2 years ago.. he hasnt progressed the way everybody tought he would.. the biggest points of criticism most people seem to have with him is that he runs with the ball too much and his inconsistency.. he is really nothing that special trust that from a regular eredivisie watcher...

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
You never know, he could explode if he comes to Barca. Form is temporary, Class is permanent.

F

Flavia

I kinda like Affelay, but why we didn't get ozil is a mystery now. Probably Xavi's injured is causing some concern.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No it's not Mido... Pep seems to be cautious while integrating Thiago/JDS into the main team. He keeps on repeating that Thiago is a special player but he needs to have some patience if he is to reach heights. And with Xavi remaining injured most of the time now, it is obviously better to have a spare mid fielder. Remains to be seen if Afellay is content with the lesser number of minutes he gets to play compared to his current days

Warik

We rushed Bojan too much and we all saw what happened with him, he never truly stepped up. I'd say Afellay is a good option as i'm not too keen on getting Pastore and Cesc as neither would be content with less minutes, whilst I can definitely see Afellay being willing to play a similar squad role to Keita. Plus he is capable of playing on the flanks as well which will be a nice option to have to puto n the right or left side of our attack should we need it.

Home of Barca Fans