Ibrahim Afellay

kaisers0ze

Last news is he will probably go to Valencia.. as an extra to get Jérémy Mathieu to Barca.

"Jérémy Mathieu" who has been destroyed by Ronaldo and Bale on multiple occasions.

For Ibi this should be very good... But i don't think Mathieu is for Barca.

BerkeleyBernie

Would Afellay get game time at Valencia?

I don't see why not, he's an excellent player. Just too crowded a bench requiring rotations higher in the pecking order to get game time at Barça, once he was back from injury, and Barça was fighting to stay alive in all competitions.

Alik

I don't see why not, he's an excellent player. Just too crowded a bench requiring rotations higher in the pecking order to get game time at Barça, once he was back from injury, and Barça was fighting to stay alive in all competitions.

Good. Hopefully he's still as good as before his injury.

xboogiex

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m
More
Luis Enrique: "Afellay? He played a good game, he's an interesting player. He could stay, he could leave, we'll see..." #fcblive

I hope he goes, mr babyface is already 28 years old he needs a team where he can be in the starting 11.

He did play good though.

zanela

Yep, didn't look like he was returning from a long absence. Good probing runs, and passing. I'd love to keep him as I think he'd be a solid back-up. But for his sake he should leave as he deserves to be playing more regularly elsewhere.

BerkeleyBernie

It depends. With Lucho in, Cesc/Sanchez gone (and possibly Xavi, though I'm not convinced of that yet), midfield/front rotation could be more flexible than it was. Still, I agree he's a starter with most teams, and it'd be a waste if he can't get some serious game time. Could figure for the Dutch in Euro 2016 if he gets hours under his belt. A loan, perhaps, if he wants to keep his ties to Barça.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If he wants to stay, then I'd let him. He's a good rotation option in midfield and upfront. If he wants to leave, then he can leave.

Home of Barca Fans