Ibrahim Afellay

Tomchin

Messi is ugly so are Xavi and Thiago.

Villa and Maxwell are meh
Imho all those players are (very) handsome. If I were female, I wouldn't hesitate to do David Villa. So you surely have a very high standard :) At the risk of sounding gay here; in general La Liga players are quite handsome imho. Unless their name is Reiziger, Oleguer, Victor Sanchez or Di Maria of course :p

Oh my god guys. You just can't contain yourselves ehhh?
Look what you did to the Afellay thread. :lol:
So, what about Afellay? Hot or not? :002:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We need to remember that La Masia exists to serve Barça, not the other way round. A transfer of this quality and at that price should always be welcomed, if our youngsters are good enough they'll learn from Afellay and the current players and make their case for a place in the side. We have a short term need that Pep obviously feels the need to cater for because the quality or quantity offered by the current squad isn't sufficient.

Tomchin

We need to remember that La Masia exists to serve Barça, not the other way round. A transfer of this quality and at that price should always be welcomed, if our youngsters are good enough they'll learn from Afellay and the current players and make their case for a place in the side. We have a short term need that Pep obviously feels the need to cater for because the quality or quantity offered by the current squad isn't sufficient.
True, on the wings we lack good subs (apparently Pep thinks that Jeffren and Nolito aren't good enough; and can't really disagree with him)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
True, on the wings we lack good subs (apparently Pep thinks that Jeffren and Nolito aren't good enough; and can't really disagree with him)

Well, Tom, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that so quickly...Jeffren has largely been MIA due to injuries while Nolito has only been called into action, twice, I believe, for the first team...Jeffren has a ways to go still as a footballer, for me...There's talent there but it hasn't come together and he's only going to get that with some regular play at this point - so a loan would be ideal

Nolito is a different case, he's same age as Ibi and has similar skills...Of course, Afellay is far more versatile around the middle of the park that Nolito...I think those brief appearances from Nolito were what Pep was likely waiting to see before pushing for the Ibi move...At least, it seems somewhat plausible...I don't think it's a lack of faith in Nolito so much as the fact that Afellay simply has far more first team football experience in Europe - both for club & country...I would imagine the thinking would be that he'd have an easier transition to make an impact than even a B team player like Nolito

Mocro

I think its a matter of increasing competition and just sit back and watch who will win the fight. Thats the way to increase the level of a squad.

Mocro

He got frustrated in that match. It was the first and last time I saw him react in that way. He learned from it. This saturday is Ajax - PSV again. Its a good game for you guys to judge his skills.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i'm sorry but messi and thiago are NOT ugly how can you say that, xavi sometimes but that's because he looks like his head's about to explode from all the genius within

STFU Jatin... I'd love to be in the skins of Messi or Thiago, even if I'm not blessed with their obvious football talents!! Messi used to look like a wierdo but off late he's really handsome

I'm sorry but straight guys are the last people who should be talking about whether another guy is ugly or not :lol:

such amounts of infuriority complex is definitely not good for health!!

Mocro

That Enoh guy is an asshole.

lol

Won't argue with you about that statement. Even Seedorf complained about him saying that Enoh kicks for 90 minuten and the ref doesnt punish him at all. It was after Ajax - AC Milan.

I have some quotes from Afellay for you guys. Its from an interview in el mundo.

About his transfer:
"No player will say no to Barca. Its a great club with a fantastic team. Playing for Barca is a dream come true. I really enjoy their game. Everybody does, because they play beautiful soccer".

About the players:
"Lionel Messi is the best player in the world and perhaps I even admire Xavi and Iniesta the most. Im looking forward to playing with them soon."

About Pep Guardiola:
"I can only judge him from a distance, but I think he is a great coach that always wants to implement an offensive style. I don't care what position ill play. Ill go wherever the coach needs me".

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
He got frustrated in that match. It was the first and last time I saw him react in that way. He learned from it. This saturday is Ajax - PSV again. Its a good game for you guys to judge his skills.

That should be a good game. cant wait for that.

Home of Barca Fans