Ibrahim Afellay

Galning

I'm not really a fan of his either. I don't think he can offer us something extra. Especially not something a canterano can't.
Besides that assist for Messi in the CL he hasn't done a lot in six months. But we'll probably have a better view on how good/bad he really is in January.

rmpcsl

It seems he will go soon (2 really bad passes without pressure) there are young players from B team(Delofeu/Rafinha) better IMO.
Thank God we have Monster Masch cleaning everything for him.
You say he has short playing time but look at Thiago with 20 years old playing short time but still show great quality.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

I'm not really a fan of his either. I don't think he can offer us something extra. Especially not something a canterano can't.
Besides that assist for Messi in the CL he hasn't done a lot in six months. But we'll probably have a better view on how good/bad he really is in January.

Galning you have a fair point (canterano aspect in particularly) but Afellay is a decent player and a great back-up/squad player. The problem is that his opportunities are limited and for that obvious reason his performances won't become consistent something a player in his situation need in order to develope and obtain confidence.

The lack of it is clearly noticeable when you look at his game. He hardly picks a pass forward and always looks for the easy solution.

He has the abilities to succeed but I doubt that it will happen for FCB. He should look for another club that can allow him regular playing time.

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I think Afellay is harming himself by staying with Barca. He still has the potential to be much more than a back-up option for emergency cases or when we're up 8-0.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
he is just returning from a long injury, give the boy some time to gel back in this new sorta system ... and I am sure he will come good..

coolasif

affelay will have his minutes this season he will not start ahead of thiago,cesc or sanchez. i can see him joining clubs like arsenal or spurs next season.he will get regular football there and we will also earn something around 6-8m euro.

Hassanova

afellay shouldn't play on the position of xavi. it's not his place. His position is more on the front. when he was with messi on the front and messi scores, that was the right position of ibi. He made indeed terrible mistakes. I hope it won't happen again. But we need him this season for sure. But next season it's over and out.

P

Plato

Afellay is an Eredivisie-level type of player.

I definetly do not agree with this, he's way too good for the Eredivisie. I think he's more of a Premier League, or a Serie A player. You sure don't know him that well, do you?

coolasif

Affelay would be regular starter at clubs like arsenal or juventus.he is much better than current corps of arsenal.He is a direct player and will be hugely appreciated at clubs like arsenal or spurs.

But for my barca it would be better to let him go next season and bring in someone like Sergi Roberto from cantera to fill the vacant position.

impeh

Hi, its me..
he'll be a decent squad player if hes happy with that, but i dont ever see him breaking into the first team. Unless, unfortunately, people get injured..

Home of Barca Fans