Frank de Boer

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dutch central defender, Frank de Boer, played for FC Barcelona from 1998 to 2003.
(His twin brother Ronald de Boer arrived at the club at the same time but was here for only 2 seasons)

2kimx3.jpg

Frank was a good defender who had a misfortune to play alongside some poor defenders in Barca at his time. He was renowned for his accurate long passes and was a very good FK taker.

He visited Barca training yesterday.

2010-10-24_ENTRENO_24.JPG

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Yeah, I agree...he was one of the best, in his position, at his time... unfortunatelly, Barça at the time also sign with Reiziger(worst...), Bogarde (even worst...) and with some other players of poor level, so he was more victime, then guilty...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Van Gaal's unbalanced tactic didn't help either. Barca played too attacking back then and had much less discipline in their midfield so naturally, defense suffered.

JCCR_FCB

Van Gaal's unbalanced tactic didn't help either. Barca played too attacking back then and had much less discipline in their midfield so naturally, defense suffered.

Well, at that time, Barça was too much an "Dutch team"...

Scott

De Boer and Cocu... they were at an high level...

Yea they were as player. I think they will also as coach. Cocu is also assistant at PSV. And another ex dutchie who played for Barça, Kluivert, training the attackers of NEC Nijmegen.

JCCR_FCB

Yea they were as player. I think they will also as coach. Cocu is also assistant at PSV. And another ex dutchie who played for Barça, Kluivert, training the attackers of NEC Nijmegen.

I agree, completely... great players and excelent coaches...

JCCR_FCB

In Barça, he was a very good professional... always consistent and regular in his performances...

Seamus

Great defender with a great cross-pass.

Perhaps his most important assist ever;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqvZ1qMUyps&feature=related

He is now training the youth of Ajax and is the assistant of Bert van Marwijk.(Cocu is also assistant)

That was a great goal, some technique by Bergkamp

I'll never forget that pass to Rivaldo against Valencia, that was such a huge goal, can remember jumping round like a lunatic after it haha

JCCR_FCB

That was a great goal, some technique by Bergkamp

I'll never forget that pass to Rivaldo against Valencia, that was such a huge goal, can remember jumping round like a lunatic after it haha

A very good team that unfortunatelly let escape the CL...

Seamus

A very good team that unfortunatelly let escape the CL...

They lacked stability in defence back then, and just lacked something in midfield too, but had some grat players especially Rivaldo who was never appreciated enough in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans