Frank de Boer

Gohan

Super Saiyan
If Tata Martino decides to quit after this season, and that's still a big if, there is absolutely nobody I'd rather have as a coach than Frank de Boer. Cruising towards his 4th title in a row with Ajax, he is ready for the next big step in his career. Knows the club, the language, the philosophy, has a good relationship with Cruijff and is absolutely not easy to please. People talk about Luis Enrique, but De Boer is the perfect candidate to take over if needed.

De Boer should be an option, yes. But I follow dutch football, the game
against Red Bull Salzburg showed De Boer was incapable of turning the match around with a tactical change or a sub.

And Eredivisie is just plain shit. From players like Serero, De Jong and Blind to Iniesta, Messi and Alves is another big step. Can he handle the pressure?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
against Red Bull Salzburg showed De Boer was incapable of turning the match around with a tactical change or a sub.

And Eredivisie is just plain shit. From players like Serero, De Jong and Blind to Iniesta, Messi and Alves is another big step. Can he handle the pressure?

As a Dutch person myself I follow it too. The caveat in Dutch football is that we are at a point that the best players leave before they turn 23, coaches not being able to really build with their good players and also being physically beaten in Europe. Technically there are still quite a few good players in the Eredivisie, but when it comes to power and mentality we are nowhere.

Frank de Boer can't do much more with the group he has, and against Salzburg he was a bit stubborn in his tactical plan indeed. But there is not a lot else he can do at this point besides dominating the Eredivisie by winning the 4th title in a row. People talk about Luis Enrique because he has a history here, but I just can't understand why he is preferred by some over De Boer.

BigBarcaBoy

a pretty harsh assessment, I find his treatment of Sigthorson frustrating as he is a natural and regular goalscorer but with what he has at his disposal he can't be expected to do any more.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
As a Dutch person myself I follow it too. The caveat in Dutch football is that we are at a point that the best players leave before they turn 23, coaches not being able to really build with their good players and also being physically beaten in Europe. Technically there are still quite a few good players in the Eredivisie, but when it comes to power and mentality we are nowhere.

Frank de Boer can't do much more with the group he has, and against Salzburg he was a bit stubborn in his tactical plan indeed. But there is not a lot else he can do at this point besides dominating the Eredivisie by winning the 4th title in a row. People talk about Luis Enrique because he has a history here, but I just can't understand why he is preferred by some over De Boer.

True, even though about what I said about Frank. I think IF Tata leaves, which I hope he does not, Frank should be our main option. I agree on the favouritism towards spanish coaches. It doesn't make sense, when you have other better options available.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Again. De Boer is hardly a proven manager. If we insist on trying to find another unknown gem then we at least need to give the ones we try time to make some sort of impression.

Jaykob

Again. De Boer is hardly a proven manager. If we insist on trying to find another unknown gem then we at least need to give the ones we try time to make some sort of impression.

Infinitly more proven than Luis Enrique , the Eredivisie not a circus league , definitely better than the Spanish 3 devision, the only venue were Luis Enrique has had proven success

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans