Frank de Boer

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
They lacked stability in defence back then, and just lacked something in midfield too, but had some grat players especially Rivaldo who was never appreciated enough in my opinion.

True... but remember that team suffered with the "escape" of Figo to RM... this fact "eclipse" all the resty of the team... and Rivaldo suffered a little by this "schock"...

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
It's such a shame the Dutch team got knocked out in the semi finals of a major tournament for 3 consecutive times when he played. The 1995-2000 generation of Dutch football players really deserved a trophy in my opinion. 2004 was more a mix of the old generation with the new generation so I do not count them.

Scott

Martin Jol quit Ajax and Frank de Boer is their new coach now(until January, but i think he will stay longer because Cruijff want him as coach)

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Yeah, I heard it too. Good for Ajax to have the 'Jol syndicate' out, including Raiola.

Koma

I think he will do well as coach of Ajax. He is from their academy to so i think that the club will mean more to him then it was to Jol. Also i think he has tactial knowledge and discipline to run such a big club. I wish him all best.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Frank is doing very well with Ajax. They are playing good again.

Thank god for Feyenoord though the game got postponed yesterday..... we would've been raped otherwise.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Great interview with Frank de Boer:

http://netherlands.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/frank-de-boer-just-like-pep.html?

Excerpt:
Zlatan didn’t succeed in Barcelona because Zlatan is more important than the team, in his head. Pep is simple then. You’re out! Even Xavi and Iniesta accept that Messi is the man. No problem. I played with Rivaldo in my team. He was coming from the left and was sensational. A shy guy when he started and he’d score 20 goals a season and have 20 assists. You know what happened after he won the Ballon D’Or? He refused to play wide and wanted to be the playmaker on “10”. We didn’t win a thing since.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
bit simplistic in his criticism of Rivaldo. I think having Figo stolen from us was a bit of a damaging factor as well.

but that was a great interview. thanks for sharing.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
If Tata Martino decides to quit after this season, and that's still a big if, there is absolutely nobody I'd rather have as a coach than Frank de Boer. Cruising towards his 4th title in a row with Ajax, he is ready for the next big step in his career. Knows the club, the language, the philosophy, has a good relationship with Cruijff and is absolutely not easy to please. People talk about Luis Enrique, but De Boer is the perfect candidate to take over if needed.

Home of Barca Fans