Sergi Samper

xXKonan

No point in renewing him honestly.

Yeah he wants to make it here but right now it's best for him to leave and rebuild his career elsewhere for his own sake. I feel really bad about him as I thought he had a decent chance of making it here but after two failed loans and a bad injury it's just time for him to move on.

He's still young and who knows if he manages to stay injury free and show a lot of promise elsewhere, who knows he could possibly come back in the future.

EdmondDantes

Yeah, let him find a good, adequate club and enjoy his career. We shouldn't hinder his progress by trying to milk too much money from him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I see that he has not been given any squad number - Must mean he is leaving?

In the case of Marlon, there is no way he can play in the league anyway because of 3 better non-EU players but there cannot be any reason for Samper not to get the squad number unless he was leaving?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's the kind of player the club should let go for free and help him find a decent club, and one I will actively root for.

Cannot doubt this guy's loyalty. Always just wanted to make it at Barca.

God Serena

He's the kind of player the club should let go for free and help him find a decent club, and one I will actively root for.

Cannot doubt this guy's loyalty. Always just wanted to make it at Barca.

For sure. The main problem he faces is that even if he was going to reach his peak here, it'd have only been as a backup. Seeing all the talent in the La Masia generations behind him makes it clear that such spots aren't going to be available for him, though.

xXKonan

According to Cadena Ser, there's a good chance he will stay until at least the end of January.

He will get a squad number soon.

PhilS

If he stays, his role will be similar to Arda's last season or Douglas before that. No playing time, won't even make the bench. Same with Paco, Denis and Alena. None will even make the bench unless injuries/suspensions pile up. If they do make the bench, they will not be used. The players ahead of them on the squad, plus Miranda and Puig, are so much better, they will always be preferred.

God Serena

If he stays, his role will be similar to Arda's last season or Douglas before that. No playing time, won't even make the bench. Same with Paco, Denis and Alena. None will even make the bench unless injuries/suspensions pile up. If they do make the bench, they will not be used. The players ahead of them on the squad, plus Miranda and Puig, are so much better, they will always be preferred.

Alena? You mean to tell me Valverde's favorite B team player by far from last season won't get minutes because of Puig, who won't even be in the team? :lol:

EdmondDantes

No loan in sight for Samper? It'd be utterly stupid for him to waste a year of his career here just training and not playing at all.

Home of Barca Fans