Sergi Samper

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He played well and made some long passes that no one intercepted because no one understood the play and anticipated it properly, Suarez would have put those in hehe

Zangash

Banned
Rumors of nobody being promoted if Barca B gets relegated had better be crap. Samper is good enough to be promoted and holding him back because the B team sucks would be unfair to him and Culers everywhere.

JamDav1982

Rumors of nobody being promoted if Barca B gets relegated had better be crap. Samper is good enough to be promoted and holding him back because the B team sucks would be unfair to him and Culers everywhere.

That is probably a threat been made to the players so that they keep focused on this season and don't start thinking ahead.

Cannot see that being followed through for the likes of Samper.

khaled_a_d

They are telling the players they won't be rewarded a promotion for losing .probably Samper will get promoted/loaned along Munir/Deulofeu/Halilovic who has clauses in contract to be promoted .at worst he might not be officially promoted early on but will be training with the 1st team more than the B team

L

linetty

Celades (coach ESP U21): "When you see Samper play, you immediately know where he comes from, because of how he sees and reads the game."

Ritchie

Samper should be moved up if Xavi leaves.

Not much point in Munir or Sandro playing 3rd tier football next season either from a development point of view. In effect you could say them having to cover for Suarez is what fucked the B team this season because the team went onto a losing run and confidence went.

khaled_a_d

Samper should be moved up if Xavi leaves.

Not much point in Munir or Sandro playing 3rd tier football next season either from a development point of view. In effect you could say them having to cover for Suarez is what fucked the B team this season because the team went onto a losing run and confidence went.

Barca B has played a lot b4 in 3rd division .dare I say it is actually their standard level .and all of our best prospects got promoted when Barca B played in 3rd division .IIRC Xavi/Messi/Iniesta/Puyol all was playing with Barca B in 3rd division when they got promoted
Bottom line there is no shame for prospects in playing in 3rd tier .it is actually look better for their development and makes things easier to develop them rather than complicating it
Munir has a promotion clause anyway

Zangash

Banned
Barca B has played a lot b4 in 3rd division .dare I say it is actually their standard level .and all of our best prospects got promoted when Barca B played in 3rd division .IIRC Xavi/Messi/Iniesta/Puyol all was playing with Barca B in 3rd division when they got promoted
Bottom line there is no shame for prospects in playing in 3rd tier .it is actually look better for their development and makes things easier to develop them rather than complicating it
Munir has a promotion clause anyway

Does he? When did they add that in?

It makes sense, seeings how he's by far Lucho's favorite B teamer, but I hadn't realized he'd been promised promotion.

F

Flavia

I hope he is called for the game vs Almeria. He should start there, as Busi is suspended.

Kohe321

I hope he is called for the game vs Almeria. He should start there, as Busi is suspended.

That would indeed be a really nice game for him to get some first team gametime in! Let's hope Lucho thinks the same, allthough I suspect he will choose to play Roberto as a DM again like he did against Eibar. :)

BBZ8800

I like Samper, but this is not a moment for exhibitions.
If something goes wrong in that match, Lucho will be blamed for playing young Samper, Samper will get some hate by fans and media, and we will lose points in La Liga race.

Summer, preseason and the next Season will be his time to get more and more minutes.

Home of Barca Fans