Sergi Samper

El Flaco

[tw]1021534678178652160[/tw]

[tw]1021424624331083777[/tw]

- Samper: "I just came back from a six-month injury. I've lived tough moments in that period of time, but now I'm happy to train with the squad again."

- Samper: "I felt helpless during my injury because I couldn't help the team. The first two months I couldn't walk. It was difficult."

- Samper: "I got injured during my loan spell at Las Palmas, luckily I was able to go back to Barcelona and recover there."

- Samper: "I have been training all summer, this week we will go to the US and I'm looking forward to it."

- Samper: "I don't think I have to prove myself on the tour. The coach knows me and it should be remembered that I just came back after a very long injury."

- Samper: "I didn't spoke with Valverde about my future. Nothing will be certain until the end of the transfer window."

- Samper: "President Bartomeu has told me that he wants me to stay this year. I also hope to stay."

- Samper: "I feel most comfortable just ahead of the defense. I know Barça's system perfectly."

- Samper: "Valverde's 4-4-2 gives me more options? I hope so. This is what I hope, but it does not only depend on me."

- Samper: "Constant rumors of transfers floating around? This is Barça, it's logical."

- Samper: "It's not my intention to leave on loan again, I hope to win a spot in this squad. I will fight for it. However, I must be open to all options."

- Samper: "Girona in case I have to leave? It's a very good club, I know a lot about the coach and I could adapt well there. But what I want is to play here, I have always said it. The priority is Barça."

- Samper: "Xavi has always been my idol. I have always paid much attention to him, he's a reference."

- Samper: "Can Samper be Xavi? No. Xavi is a legend of Barça and I do not like comparisons. He has marked a time at this club, in the Spanish team and even in world football. I do not want to compare myself with him, I have my own style."

- Samper: "It is true that the protagonism of La Masia is being lost a bit. I hope it will recover in the coming years."

- Samper: "Regret not having moved to England back in the day? No, not at all. From that generation Hector Bellerín and Jon Toral left, but I decided to stay because it was, and still is, my dream to succeed here."

- Samper: "Luis Enrique, the new Spain coach. It's clear he has a lot of personality. He is a coach with very clear ideas."

God Serena

can we please just get rid of this dead weight?

We have Vidal, Gomes, Douglas, Mina, Marlon, Rafinha, Paco, and Own Goal wasting space on the squad and actively making us worse just by stepping on the pitch but you want to get rid of a La Masia kid who hasn't even played one game with the squad since promotion?

GOAT_SUAREZ

We have Vidal, Gomes, Douglas, Mina, Marlon, Rafinha, Paco, and Own Goal wasting space on the squad and actively making us worse just by stepping on the pitch but you want to get rid of a La Masia kid who hasn't even played one game with the squad since promotion?

you want to keep a guy who hasn't proven anything over proven La Liga players? Makes perfect sense.

Nothanks

atleast vidal can play for the squad ths guy is perma injured
i ideally want them all gone but samper is the worst of all but he gets pass because he's from la masia? lol?

vinni

Sad news for Samper. He must be devestated. It puts him in a really bad position. He can’t prove that he has a future in the first team, and the club will be taking a risk by including him after the pre season. I bet he will be loaned out again.

God Serena

atleast vidal can play for the squad ths guy is perma injured
i ideally want them all gone but samper is the worst of all but he gets pass because he's from la masia? lol?

He had one major injury while on loan with Las Palmas. Same thing happened to Alena, Dembele, and Oriol. Some discomfort at this point during the summer doesn't make him "perma injured".

He's been on the shelf for less game time than Messi was during the end of Tito/Tata's seasons.

fergus90

The reality is there are stupidly high expectations of la masia players because of Xavi,Iniesta, Puyol and before them Guardiola and others.
I remember when everyone was raving about Samper, but the fact is he has shown very little with his chances so far, not just Barca but elsewhere.
He was meant to be the next big thing to come through but sometimes it’s the lesser know than become successful e.g Pedro, busquets.
I fear some of the same will happen with Alena. Time will tell.

gregorrin10

[tw]1021695210491924480[/tw]

Again. Now that there's a free spot on the list, I hope Morey gets called up.

Monchu can play as a DM.

With Semedo, Roberto and Palencia already in the squad, sadly not likely. i would make Morey a priority before Palencia, who never looked anything special to me personally.

Catta

The most over hyped La Masia product ever. Just terminate his contract, and let the guy have a chance to resurrect his career in a lesser league. His Barca career is dead since years.

Gnidrologist

The reality is there are stupidly high expectations of la masia players because of Xavi,Iniesta, Puyol and before them Guardiola and others.
One have to also consider that all aforementioned were unremarkable benchwarmers (okay, i don't know about Pep, because i was too young to follow his youth years) at the start of their careers, but still given a lot of chances to play. Maybe because Barca wasn't considered teh bestest club in the world like it has been after the success of previous decade. I never once thought that Xavi would become any more than a generic squad player, even less Puyol, who was quite frankly, pretty bad in his starting years. Now that Barca needs to have treble every season, youth players, who don't immediately give memorable perforamnces are dubbed deadweight. No wonder players develop much better in low profile clubs, where they get to actually play on regular bases despite not being all that at the beginning. Hard to say anything about Samper as a Barca player, because he never played to begin with. Expecting la masia young to develop as loanees in bus parking scrub teams is pretty new development. It's not a value judgement, more like a ''what the hell do i know, never seen him play''. I think that the whole attention to youth system has just went out of the window for Barca and we must realize that it's us who are the new Galacticos, trying to build success Peres style.

fergus90

One have to also consider that all aforementioned were unremarkable benchwarmers (okay, i don't know about Pep, because i was too young to follow his youth years) at the start of their careers, but still given a lot of chances to play. Maybe because Barca wasn't considered teh bestest club in the world like it has been after the success of previous decade. I never once thought that Xavi would become any more than a generic squad player, even less Puyol, who was quite frankly, pretty bad in his starting years. Now that Barca needs to have treble every season, youth players, who don't immediately give memorable perforamnces are dubbed deadweight. No wonder players develop much better in low profile clubs, where they get to actually play on regular bases despite not being all that at the beginning. Hard to say anything about Samper as a Barca player, because he never played to begin with. Expecting la masia young to develop as loanees in bus parking scrub teams is pretty new development. It's not a value judgement, more like a ''what the hell do i know, never seen him play''. I think that the whole attention to youth system has just went out of the window for Barca and we must realize that it's us who are the new Galacticos, trying to build success Peres style.

I agree with what your saying , I just think because of those aforementioned names being so successful in that era, that everyone now is billed as the next Xavi etc just because they are from la masia. Reality is Samper could probably be a decent player for a team somewhere but the expectations need to be realistic about players coming through.

Home of Barca Fans