Sergi Samper

khaled_a_d

They play nice possesion based football and they sold Roque Mesa who was a player with most successfull passes and with 4th best completion percentage (around 91%) in La Liga last season IIRC. So if Samper can establish himself in his role then I think he'll play a lot and also in system that fits him.

Are they playing same type of football under the new manager?

FC433

It is a good move considering that he actually has a chance to play there. LP has only five midfielders six including Samper. Last game Lemos played as a CDM for them. Hope he does well there.

Messi983

Are they playing same type of football under the new manager?

From what I've seen in preseason they are playing more 4-1-4-1 formation but they still like to keep possesion.

Las Palmas have also signed Alberto Aquilani but he's more offensive minded CM IIRC so probably not seen as direct competition for Samper.

Also, he'll have a presentation today, starting in around an hour.

DIFFkCjXgAAV6Y5.jpg

Last edited:

frog-fcb

Hope he does well but the way las Palmas has started the season the poor kid could be in line for a third straight relegation

Messi983

Hope he does well but the way las Palmas has started the season the poor kid could be in line for a third straight relegation

They played pretty well in first game at Mestalla and against Atletico they conceded two fast goals. Two games are not enough to judge but I think quality wise they are far from a bottom 3 team so don't think they'll have problems to stay in the league.

Home of Barca Fans