Sergi Samper

raskolnikov

Samper in the only quality player right now fromt he youth. As far as im concerned he should be in the first team by now and be a busi sub and playing easier games at times.
I hope Lucho does see this as well.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Samper in the only quality player right now fromt he youth. As far as im concerned he should be in the first team by now and be a busi sub and playing easier games at times.
I hope Lucho does see this as well.

Never in a million years should he play DM at the moment. But I agree that we should drop Gumbau and just have Samper on the bench playing the occasional minutes. Problem is, Arda is coming in soon and CM spot might be crowded when Sergi is back. Like I said, kid knows how to pass and understands what's going on around him - where to pass, how to change the pace etc. But he just seems totally amateurish when defending and winning the ball back - perfect positioning when we have the ball, than when we don't he's totally lost trying to catch up with players already way ahead of him. He needs to think more when we don't have the ball.

xXKonan

He wasn't very good in the First half but Improved in the Second half of the game.

I feel like he could make it here but If I were Lucho I would loan him out to a La Liga team that could give him the Minutes and Development he can get. Certainly playing in the 3rd Division isn't helping him at all.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
It is easy to notice his talent every time he plays. But I think there two things he needs to improve:

1. Move quicker without the ball. He is in the right areas and general movement is fine but needs to add more little sprints to make himself available more.
2. Keep it simple. When Samper does not try to do Busi like stuff in his own half which is ridiculously hard to pull off he makes almost no mistakes. His control is very good, the passes are on point and he knows when to dribble into free space which is not easy to spot in the area CMs play in.

Conclusion: Kid needs to play because he could become a beast.

xXKonan

Barcelona players with best pass accuracy against Leverkusen: Samper 90,6% - Vermaelen 83,1% - Kaptoum 81% - Alba 79,6% #fcbblive [ws]

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It is easy to notice his talent every time he plays. But I think there two things he needs to improve:

1. Move quicker without the ball. He is in the right areas and general movement is fine but needs to add more little sprints to make himself available more.
2. Keep it simple. When Samper does not try to do Busi like stuff in his own half which is ridiculously hard to pull off he makes almost no mistakes. His control is very good, the passes are on point and he knows when to dribble into free space which is not easy to spot in the area CMs play in.

Conclusion: Kid needs to play because he could become a beast.

Move quicker and smarter, he always seems 1 step behind when we don't have the ball. And it's as he can't win the ball back, don't know if it's only about his strength or technique. But he's a strange case in that respect - strength and balance is there when he has the ball, when he doesn't he looks like a hangover amateur player :lol:
I really think he should stay with the first team and given minutes in the end of games when we're like 2 goals up on DM and CM. But maybe it's not the way to go, maybe he should be loaned - maybe this winter already.

God Serena

A loan is absolutely what he needs, even if he has to be gone for more than one season. His problems are almost entirely experience based (Not confidence based), just like Halilovic, so it'll be possible for him to develop into a good player if he gets a decent amount of minutes.

xXKonan

[tw]674950501545414656[/tw]

Samper is also training with the Main team again Today.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]674950501545414656[/tw]

Samper is also training with the Main team again Today.

Cheers.

He managed few of those but it really looked clumsy and accidental at times.
I desperately want Barca to have another youngsters emerge. I just don't see it in Samper.

Home of Barca Fans