Sergi Samper

Windhook

Well, I said clearly last week he should wait for today to see if Coutinho, Moutinho or Shmoutinho would come at all. Obviously nobody is coming, so... great job, Samper! He is the Munir of our midfield, probably will be loaned out until his contract runs out.

Messi983

His coach has been fired, second year in row his coach has been fired so early while he is on loan

He has resigned.

Anyway, for now it's not really important for Samper because he never played under Manolo Marquez so we don't know how he would do or if he'd even trust him. But at the end this might play in Samper's favour because if he'll return in time when they get a new coach (probably after NT break) then everyone from his direct competitors in midfield will have to convince new coach to get playing time. Marquez probably already had his favourite players like every coach, now they will all have to start from the same starting position.

khaled_a_d

He has resigned.

Anyway, for now it's not really important for Samper because he never played under Manolo Marquez so we don't know how he would do or if he'd even trust him. But at the end this might play in Samper's favour because if he'll return in time when they get a new coach (probably after NT break) then everyone from his direct competitors in midfield will have to convince new coach to get playing time. Marquez probably already had his favourite players like every coach, now they will all have to start from the same starting position.

Well, I doubt they got him in loan if the coach didn't approve him. So it might not be in his favor as much as you think
And being in a club that isn't stable is never good thing, This has been basically 4th year for Samper being in a mess (unless they sort themselves out quickly)

Messi983

Well, I doubt they got him in loan if the coach didn't approve him. So it might not be in his favor as much as you think
And being in a club that isn't stable is never good thing, This has been basically 4th year for Samper being in a mess (unless they sort themselves out quickly)

Las Palmas president Miguel Angel Ramirez loves to get "big name" players on loan (Vitolo this year, Halilović and Jese last season; they were also in talks with Atletico to loan them Diego Costa if they'd buy him in August), they also signed players with past in big clubs like Boateng, Aquilani or Remy. So Samper could be just one of his signings without the coach approving him.

There were rumours a few weeks ago that Manolo Marquez wanted to give more chances to Fabio Gonzalez, 20 years old midfielder from their B team (he started the game against AM which they lost 1-5) who he knows good since he was his coach in Las Palmas Atletico last season but Ramirez demanded that he has to play first team players like Vicente Gomez, Aquilani and Javi Castellano ahead of Gonzalez. So I'm wondering if this has something to do with Marquez's decision to resign.

Home of Barca Fans