Sergi Samper

DinhoR10

Did you even watch that game? Because him being much more influential in the game because he didn't have to cover for Alves was the very first thing I noticed that game. Just watch The clip below. 13 seconds in and Rakatic has already proven your baseless comment about him being anonymous as false. Nice try, though.

I'm the one not watching the games, but somehow between the two of us I'm the one who actually knows what's happening in them.

What you're essentially saying is Messi will ignore his position as a right winger in favor of moving somewhere, ANYWHERE, where he can assist or score. What I'm saying is it's stupid to play him as a right winger, then. There is absolutely no reason why he should be playing on the wing, and your argument only further solidifies this. As I said before, him essentially abandoning his RW post because he and everyone else knows he can't do shit over there means our only threat on the right flank is Alves, who is actually a detriment to the team at this point, and because Lucho's genius tactics revolve around Rakatic moving over to fill in as RB for Alves. Your only argument against this fact is essentially you informing me that you didn't so much as read the live tweets as the game was happening. Rakatic was immense that game and him not having to cover for Alves is a huge part of why we won 5-0.

Show me some highlights of where he scored a goal or made an assist from the right wing this season. You can even go scan those 3 hat tricks, if you please. I can't say I remember every goal he's scored since moving to the right wing, so there is a small chance you might actually find one and claim you're brain is the center of the footballing universe, but I'm not holding my breath.

And after those 13 seconds the same video shows Messi creating two chances from the right but i'll post some more.

I count 2 goals and 3 assists where he was on the Right in this video. It also shows one low cross assist from the left. So yes Messi can assist and score from the right as shocking as that may be. And nowhere did I say Lucho was a genius or that his tactics were golden which you seem to be insinuating in your posts.

On to rakitic, I call him anonymous because he does not link up with Iniesta properly. The whole point in having 2 AMs is that they focus their time on linking up with each other and playing an intricate passing game. He didn't do that in this game nor did iniesta really for that matter [Pass combinations vs Cordoba: Busquets > Messi 29, Alba > Iniesta 21, Mascherano > Alba 19, Mascherano > Busquets 19] so I call him anonymous. Cesc had many assists just like Rakitic had that day but he was sold because he didn't "fit" because he wasn't Xavi and Rakitic has yet to be show a Xavi in him. Now if you're advocating a change in the system that accommodates Rakitic and his play-style more thats a different story and moves away from the reason this argument was started in the first place.

You said Messi on the RW made the team play badly. Then said it caused a chain of events that culminates in Rakitic baby-siting Alves. First of all Rakitic has to babysit Alves no matter who plays on the RW because -hint hint- alves sucks. You then say Rakitic played better with Montoya at RB (I call him anonymous because of a lack of passing but i'll admit he played well in his own way). So going by what you say messi on the RW has NO BEARING ON RAKITIC. The problem according to your logic is that the RB position needs to be occupied by someone who can actually play RB properly i.e Montoya. And I agree with you. But at the end of the day Messi on the RW does not affect our team negatively in and of itself.

Also on what you said about Suarez not playing well because the defenders are better. If we play Pedro on the Right and Messi in the Middle theres no problem. But if Suarez is on the field Messi as CF is a waste. Even if he doesn't play as well as he did in liverpool his best position is CF so while he is on the pitch instead of Pedro Messi on the wing is the only sane course of action(Or as a CAM if Pedro is on the field as well). He can play at his best no matter where he is on paper and it's up to Lucho to decide if to play Suarez or Pedro.

I have no interest in arguing Lucho or his tactical awareness or lack thereof, how well his "system" works (He doesn't really have one yet imo) or anything like that. But you cannot blame Messi on the RW for anything negative about the team. You can say that Suarez on the field is an inferior option to Pedro on the wing but Messi on the right is not the cause but merely a side effect which has no negative effect on his output as a player.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Remember: This is the Samper thread. Not the tactics, Luis Enrique, Rakitic, Messi or Alves threads.

L

linetty

So Gumbau the "Great" is in the squad against Elche, but this absolute gem isn't? What the actual fuck Lucho?!
Nice try to bash Lucho. Samper would've started if he was fit, he always does whenever there's a chance.

Hold on with your accusations till you find out what really happened.

MessiDinho10

Nice try to bash Lucho. Samper would've started if he was fit, he always does whenever there's a chance.

Hold on with your accusations till you find out what really happened.

You're right about Samper, I should've waited it out. Gumbau however should not have been called up, and I criticize Lucho for that.

Home of Barca Fans