Sergi Samper

xXKonan

[tw]1000991110553063424[/tw]

Ferran Martinez says, Samper will do Preseason with the first team and could stay as Busi's backup for the season as well.

ebieymjunior

I'd give Samper 1 season playing in both DM and CM, and if he's not good enough, replace him with de Jong.

If he is, then honestly we won't need de Jong. Cause in case all perform well, in 2019 we could have a midfield of Sergio and Oriol Busquets (DM), Arthur and Samper (defensive CM), Coutinho and Aleñá (attacking CM), and Roberto (any midfield role).

Then I'd also loan out Palencia now for one season, while playing Roberto as a backup RB/DM/CM/AM this year, and in 2019 Palencia as backup RB.

God Serena

I'd give Samper 1 season playing in both DM and CM, and if he's not good enough, replace him with de Jong.

If he is, then honestly we won't need de Jong. Cause in case all perform well, in 2019 we could have a midfield of Sergio and Oriol Busquets (DM), Arthur and Samper (defensive CM), Coutinho and Aleñá (attacking CM), and Roberto (any midfield role).

Then I'd also loan out Palencia now for one season, while playing Roberto as a backup RB/DM/CM/AM this year, and in 2019 Palencia as backup RB.

Palencia is not even good enough for 2nd division football, no way will he be able to fill a role as backup. And Roberto is going to be a RB for the remainder of his time here unless we get a new coach who decides he likes him there better, which is unlikely.

ebieymjunior

Palencia is not even good enough for 2nd division football, no way will he be able to fill a role as backup. And Roberto is going to be a RB for the remainder of his time here unless we get a new coach who decides he likes him there better, which is unlikely.

Unfortunately most likely, though he belongs in midfield. Palencia is just not first team material, but he's a hard worker, and that gets you far, so a loan could be beneficial to see if he can back up until Morey is ready for promotion (he'd probably be what Digne is at LB).

Last edited:

Joan

Unfortunately most likely, though he belongs in midfield. Palencia is just not first team material, but he's a hard worker, and that gets you far, so a loan could be beneficial to see if he can back up until Morey is ready for promotion (he'd probably be what Digne is at LB).

No, not a chance. Sell if possible. Let the boy have a life of his own. He'll never make it here.

Focus on Morey. Next chance.

MTL_Barca

Another loan would just mean to get rid of him at this point and selling wise there probably aren't any good offers right now. So it wouldn't surprise me if he plays pre-season with the first team, especially since we will (hopefully) sell a good number of players and it's an after WC season so if he plays decent he might be a useful sub for the season or until we bring in other talents.

For his personal development it would probably be better to leave now and play at a midtable club, doubt he'll ever make it at Barca and there are already way younger la masia talents on their way that could take his spot at the squad.

Joan

[tw]1021695210491924480[/tw]

Again. Now that there's a free spot on the list, I hope Morey gets called up.

Monchu can play as a DM.

Home of Barca Fans