Sergi Samper

stewart77

I think this is a none story.... City don't bring creative pivot players to their team, they rely on De Jong, and Barry for that position

Yugi

tumblr_m8b5nnrmxx1qjhdkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8b5nnrmxx1qjhdkxo2_500.jpg

Nando Quesada: “Although I have been chosen (as best midfielder of the Otten cup), this is the best of them all!”
Sergi Samper: You’re so great!

tumblr_m8b5rlW3oQ1qjhdkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8f3qg06DR1qjhdkxo1_500.jpg

credits@ sergi-samper.tumblr.com

Tonykross

I liked his composure on the ball against Andeletch, the other two midfielders were all over the place and could not string together simple passes until Eugene and Babunski came in to stabilize the midfield.

Dimonsss

I liked his composure on the ball against Andeletch, the other two midfielders were all over the place and could not string together simple passes until Eugene and Babunski came in to stabilize the midfield.

Cannot agree with you. With Enguene and Babunski came in we had a problem to keep the ball. Babunski used every opportunity to make a shot, but Enguene looked like he didn't know where he should be at the moment. So, in my opinion, Quesada and Calvet looked better. The problem was that Barca had to score. That is why it was very important to send on the pitch players who could force the attacks. And Babunski and Enguene were such players.

Dimonsss

Watch the game again after the 70th minute when Eugene and Babunski came in, the midfield was much better.

Ok...

72 min – Enguene foul
73 min – good pass from Babunski
74 min – Enguene couldn’t fix the ball, Barca had to start from the begining
75 min – Enguene doesn’t know what to do with the ball and in the end pass it to Babunski who is standing near him
77 min – Babunski shot from a distance after a pass from Enguene
80 min – good pass from Babunski
80 min – Sanabria goal after the nice combination (Samper, Adama, Bagnack, Ebwelle); Babunski and Enguene didn’t touch the ball at all
82 min – Enguene lost the ball in the penalty box
84 min – Enguene with the ball, back pass and a loss
84 min – Babunski lost the ball after bad pass
85 min – nice pass from Enguene
85 min – Babunski bad long shot
86 min – Enguene lost the ball
86 min – Barca lost the ball after the pass from Babunski
87 min – Anderlecht with the ball
89 min – very bad pass from Enguene
90+1 min – nice pass from Babunski
90+3 min – Enguene high cross, Davy easy caught the ball

So, I have changed my opinion about Babunski a little bit (he was quite good), but Enguene...man, he was just a nightmare. Only one good pass and a lot of losses. He played twice worse than Quesada and Calvet.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans