Sergi Samper

BBZ8800

Really? So every midfielder who does some defensive work is called a defensive midfielder?

1. Busi IS a Cdm
2. Masch was a Cdm before Barca
3. Roberto is an allround midfielder who offered best matches till now as Busi's sub (plus, he was good as a hybrid Rb-Rm in 343)
-------------
4. Rakitic played as a Cdm for Croatia 20-ish times, and on big tournaments like World cup and Euros. He is an allround midfielder also. In this moment, way more experienced Cdm than Samper
5. Gomes played a few matches last season as a Cdm
6. Paulinho, I guess that he can play as a Cdm?

I mean, this happens on 2-3 topics in each season.
People pick a new La Masia favorite and overhype him a lot.
And whenever someone posts a bad post or a doubt about a guy, you have a mess.

If Samper wasn't La Masia kid but some random dude, he probably wouldn't even had a topic in other players section of our forum, based on his current abilities.

But ok, I see that Samper and Roberto are the 2 hottest obsession of our fans for this season, so let's wait for the first perseason matches.
Those two will probably cool the current hype very soon with their Cdm (Samper) and Cm (Roberto) displays.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I liked his confidence and pressing. Hope we keep him but it's gonna be hard as we are keeping Gomes and probably getting another midfielder (Paulinho).

Trickykid

Looked great tonight. Could be because of the lethargic Juve team, but I really hope that Valverde gives him a solid chance this season.

gasgas

His pressing was quite good, I really would prefer him played as a CM than a DM
It would add more grit on the team
Rakitic replacement??

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He faced a lot of adversity last season. Sometimes you need that to toughen up I guess.

Looking forward to see how he does in the next few games. If he does well and better there, then Robert and EV have to make some difficult decisions.

Total-Football

Fantastic prospect. Every time i watch him im more pleased. He is so calm with the ball and his plans with it are quite simplistic. Like

ManusXavi

I'm so excited. Finally! Samper is proving his worth! I really hope Samper and Roberto play in the midfield regularly this season. He is my new fave midfielder. Gonna get me a Samper shirt next season. :yes:

Vilarrubi

Showed more in that friendly last night than Gomes did the whole of last season and that's not an exaggeration. He can actually play the ball forward, through the lines of midfield.

Home of Barca Fans