how did you become a barca fan ?

Heath Newton

where my "appreciation" comes from

I wanted to have my emotions fucked with. So i supported fcb.
that's on the application form to support us as well maz.:)

not that i am a cule,but my proper knowledge of barca began in the 80s when this happened.
[YOUTUBE]7jQlUG9cp6k[/YOUTUBE]
the single greatest atmosphere i think i've ever been part of,i was 14,and a team that had maradona,schuster and others,had an allure about them that i think i've remembered ever since. :)
then venables took over and mark hughes ended up there for a while which was another reason,and after that came the dream team.
nadal was linked with us for years which gave me reasons to watch you after that and then came,fat ronaldo ;),with his turns from the halfway line,beating 3 or 4 and scoring (which was a joy to watch).
i always liked this fella every time i saw him play too.
129367662_small.jpg

so i'm not a cule per se,more of an appreciator :)

Last edited:

Leroy

Brown
Wow, there's some cool stories here.

The one about picking the better looking shirt made me laugh.

TheMessiShow

First off, I want to state that I'm from Canada, so getting into the game is difficult especially when the only football you see is American football or when the World Cup and Eurocup are on (without subscription to the right channels of course)

I started my passion for football around the age 11. Right in time for World Cup 2002 Japan and Korea. I stayed up until two or three in the morning watching the opening match. The one in which Senegal beat the reigning French champions! It was that World Cup in which I became obsessed with Brazil's 3 R's. Ronaldo, Rivaldo and our very own Ronaldinho. From then on I bounced on from player to player and got to know the stars of the game. At that time I had yet to realize the glory which is Barca.

2006 World Cup hit and I had a pool going with my friends. I had chosen Argentina to win and did the research on the players and that's when I found Messi. Ronaldinho was the start, Messi was second and now Barcelona is my heavenly drug.

It is now 2009 and I am far from being a recovering addict and proud of it

Tomba11

Arsenal 1997-2005 was great. Clearly the best british team ever along with Liverpool in the 1980s.
The top of their run was being The Invincibles 2003/2004

It's easy to be a fan of Arsenal in Premier League when you like the way FC Barcelona play football. They are related.

joisse

I got hooked on football after the 2006 World cup. After that I started watching the Champions league. I didn't know what team to support, so i suppose i was scouting, trying to find a team that would capture my imagination. I started watching all the group matches that they showed on tv. And by about the 3rd or 4th group match, i realized i always get a little excited and anxious when i see Barca play. That's when i knew, i had become a Cule. Never looked back since. And i am more in love with this club now than ever. In love with Leo, Xavi, Andres... all of them!

S

safehandz

hmmm..my story isn't as interesting as those mentioned b4....but here it goes:
i was more of a football team bandwagonist b4 i settled with the catalans...it first started with Man U back in 1999 when Dwight Yorke played for them, because he's from Trinidad and Tobago just like me :)...then i moved on to.............Real Madrid for the Galacticos era...then when FCB won the Champion's League with Dinho in 2006....i hopped on to the blaugrana bus, you could say i was following good football where ever it popped up...but....for some strange reason...i couldn't leave.....i didn't want to...the spirit of the club and fans of the club really sucked me in...and here i am today...a proud cule

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i grew up on them Age 4 (1992) my dad sat me down and i watched Barça win its first European championship (Koeman's gol in extra time) I watched the dream team as a kid and grew up trying to play like them. when i turned about 12 I began NEVER missing a game on TV now i am an adult and still going strong traveling to games when i can and NEVER missing a game on tv or internet no matter what the circumstances and buying everything fc Barcelona i can find! It is great to be a part of such a HUGe thing and club like Barça who is truly bettering the world! I WILL PASS this passion on to my kids someday

S

sauron78

My story is short: I've seen a lot of games on TV and fell in love with FCB style. I also have been to Barcelona and fell in love with the city. Now I am the Barca supporter, united in one of the penya and I'm proud of that.

T

Toni_te

When i was 8 years old i watched an El Classico...and i choose BARCA as my team!!

I cant forget Patrick Kluivert and Rivaldo i loved them so much...then came Ronaldinho...and now Pique!

Sallou

Hmmm, either you all will really relate to this, or think I'm an annoying, over-sentimental twat. Or both ^^

Basically, years ago, after watching them play and quickly becoming obsessed with doing so, I found myself researching all I could about them and their history, following games; found myself passionate for them, out of nowhere.

I just LOVE THEM. Everything about the club. The political history, mes que un club, etc etc. Here's the thing, the weird part, I actually feel like I am romantically in love with FCB. No kidding. That feeling you get when in love, I totally have that for a football club. FCB is a family, people fighting for the same thing, united together. The footie itself, wonderful, pure, perfect, beautiful. It works like a drug for me when I'm feeling down.

FCB brings together so many things for me. But I'll say it again, I honestly honestly get butterflies when think about what FCB is (Catalonia, bringing kids through the ranks not just as players but as family, the football etc) and I am in love with this club. I saw them play, became obsessed, and fell in love. Like in real life :p And it fits. we just fit :) I have found a soul mate of sorts. (lol) After discovering FCB, there was never going to be any other team. The passion was there from the first time I saw them play. Love at first sight (lmao, now I'm just trying to annoy you. lol)

......so, lol. I don't care. I'm ready to be laughed at for being so...soppy. lol.

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I really liked Figo in late 90's. I was so little I didn't understand anything about teams etc I just knew that Figo was the worlds best football player. When he left for Madrid, I watched an El Clasico and thought about supporting Madrid instead. Before the match, I really wanted Figo and Madrid to do well but after the match, I looked at the players, and I kind of thought that the Barca team was a team full of "Batmans" and the Real teams was a team full of Jokers. If you know what I mean, good guys vs the bad guys. And ever since then, I've been a culé.
Obviously, by then I only watched their games but as time went on, I started learning about the history, players, reserves, and youngsters and now, I'm here, discussing my thoughts with other culés.

:)

Ocelot

When i was young all my School friends supported either Juventus or Manchester united and my family supported Liverpool.
I just watched football but didnt support anyone in particular, I just liked Roberto Baggio. In 2000 i was watching Champions league Barcelona vs Chelsea when Barcelona won 5-1 , i became a big rivaldo supporter and a Barca supporter from then. I was 10.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Well, many times (in my youth) I passed my hollydays in Barcelona and since the beginning I enjoyed the city. I remember the first time that I saw a Barça shirt (at that time, without any comercial shirt logo...) and since that, it was clear that it becames one of my favourites... at the same time, that I enjoyed so much the "ciudad condal". But the efectiv interest in Barça began with the transfer of Shuster and Simonssen... what a players... infortunately I don't remember very well the time of Crujff. Anyway... I remember the final of Cup of Cup in 1982, in Camp Nou, the trajedy of Sevilla '86 and the Recopa in '89 in Bern. Of course, all of this became more intense with the unforgatable night at Wembley '92... and so on...

Home of Barca Fans