Borussia Dortmund

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great read and I wonder how long they can sustain this. I love how every club boasts about scouting players but what about scouting managers and staff?

I think as long as they want to, or before they become powerful enough to be on the equal footing with Bayern and be seen as top, elite European clubs like the others, then they don't need to worry about selling players for profit in order to keep building. By then they will change their business model.

I'd guess that will take a while, at least 5 years.

Morten

What a beta club, had a huge lead in points, somehow manages to throw it to the worst Bayern team in years, and also got trashed by Spurs.

serghei

What a beta club, had a huge lead in points, somehow manages to throw it to the worst Bayern team in years, and also got trashed by Spurs.

What do you expect? Young players with no experience, and a bunch of loanees can only get you so far. Dortmund, Tottenham, these are nice teams that rarely win titles. Good for them they give Bayern a run for their money this year in BuLi.

Morten

What do you expect? Young players with no experience, and a bunch of loanees can only get you so far. Dortmund, Tottenham, these are nice teams that rarely win titles. Good for them they give Bayern a run for their money this year in BuLi.

This is the worst Bayern in what, a decade?
Also, Dortmund had a 7 points lead a few months ago?

No, this is a bottle-job, they will almost never get a opportunity like this again.

khaled_a_d

BVB are historically title contender, not a Spurs type of team at all. Closer to Atletico in Spain, may be even better (has CL title at least)

serghei

BVB are historically title contender, not a Spurs type of team at all. Closer to Atletico in Spain, may be even better (has CL title at least)

We're not talking about history here. We're talking about the level of the team. Dortmund are Spurs level at best. Not even that good, since we saw Tottenham outclass them in CL.

BarçaBarça

I think there is some serious Stockholm Syndrome going on between Dortmund and Bayern. Why would they take Mats back?? Götszche too. It's like verifying that going to Bayern to collect trophies is fine, you can always come back if you become too shit to play for them. It is so weird to me.

If they really had some balls they would save his big fee and massive wages and overpay for the next German CB-talent to get him to join them instead of Bayern, imo. That would be a better path to a future where they compete with Bayern, than this one, in my opinion at least.

xXKonan

Interestingly they appear to be selling Abdou Diallo to PSG for around 32+2 Million Euros, not to much of a profit considering they bought him for around 28 Million euros.

He was considered a really good talent himself but it seems Dortmund decided to sell him with Hummels coming back.

Home of Barca Fans