Borussia Dortmund

Arkk

As I realy like BVB and equaly dislike Bayern I would like them to keep their star players and kick the shit put of BM.

But one question comes in mind when I see how they firmly hold their ground with Dembele?

Whey they sold Gôtze, Hummels etc etc to Bayern? For the money and for the players wishes.

Now, all of the sudden, they don't want SHITLOAD of money and they don't want to grant players wishes?

I don't buy it for a second.
Real truth is:"BVB managent got GREEDY and want to scrap every € they can get."

They have paid 1 the guy and now tgey want 130-150m? Aint that some shit...

Look at WH... Theirc star player eanted to leave. Did they made such fuss? No they let him go. Because regardles of contracts it is about people management, about warning other ypung players that you will consider their wishes and finaly... Ypu can get 100+ milions. That is shitload of money for a club that had to loan from Bayern f* Munich.

So cut that we want to compete with BM crap because it is obvious that BVB sells players to their rival and now all of a sudden they don't want to sell zo Barca for 100+m profit.

That is a show to getan extra € or 2.

imo theres a few reasons why Dortmund want a huge fee for the player;
1. the Bundesliga season is about to start, we are in the last month of the transfer window leaving them barely any time to replace their star player
2. apparently Rennes get 25% of the sell on fee so they will have that in mind
3. they know we are loaded and desperate, any club would do the same

the whole Dortmund to Bayern is weird as fuck i agree, i always wondered if it was something to do with Bayern bailing Dortmund out of bankruptcy. to me that makes their rivalry strange.. the club who bailed you out are also the club you go toe to toe with for the league/cup.

theres alot of conspiracies going around about us telling Dembele to strike, same for Coutinho :lol: obviously i hope Barto doesnt fuck this up and we get our man but its sad if we burn bridges with BvB over this

this late in the window regardless, were getting rinsed

FC433

The only player they sold to Bayern was Hummels. Götze had a release clause and Lewandowski left on a free after they refused to sell him to Bayern and kept him against his will, opting against the money (and contrary to what was expected he performed well after a few weeks of sulking).

Hummels to Bayern was pretty much a done deal in May, so they had an entire summer to plan without him. That's the major difference. Dembele was key in BVB finishing third and winning the cup last season and he is key in their planning for next season. Had all this started in June or early July they probably would have sold much more easily, but now they'd let go one of their most important players one week befoee the league starts.

Reus won't return before months into the season, Mor just left, Schürle is Schürle and if Pulisic picks up an injury they're pretty much screwed. So should Dembele leave they'd need a great replacement which becomes increasingly difficult the later it gets. That's why they're highballing. Not because they're greedy as such, but because they don't want to sell. So with that sum either they fend off interest or let Barça bleed as compensation for the inconvenience this transfer causes them.

For me, the guilty one here is Neymar. Without his stupid week-long silence we wouldn't be in this position.

Have BM wanted any other player and they did not get? Pretty much they got everyone they wanted.

Hummels to Bayern was pretty much a done deal in May, so they had an entire summer to plan without him. That's the major difference. Dembele was key in BVB finishing third and winning the cup last season and he is key in their planning for next season.

Well the issue is that they do not mind selling him and they also promised him to let him go. I just I did not like their attitude and how they have been dealing with the transfer, while letting BM take advantage of them.

Emma

Exactly. I have always respected BVB, but the way they are trying to absolutely milk us gets on my nerves.

A joke right? Dortmund is milking Barca? You are really funny. Dortmund plans with Dembele and doesn't want to sell him. Barca wants him. BVB has named the conditions - either Barca says yes or Dembele stays in Dortmund. So simple is that.

#Watzke: "@ FCBarcelona knows what we want. They should say that they want or leave it

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The thing is everyone knows we have 222m so naturally everyone wants to have a bigger slice of that $ pie we have should we want any player of theirs. So in this sense BVB sure will try to milk as much as they can out of us.

On the other hand, Dembele was not bought by BVB with the intentions of making a quick sale later, he is considered one of their key players so BVB does not want to sell him. So you really can't blame them for wanting a lot of money for someone they don't want to sell.

serghei

The thing is everyone knows we have 222m so naturally everyone wants to have a bigger slice of that $ pie we have should we want any player of theirs. So in this sense BVB sure will try to milk as much as they can out of us.

On the other hand, Dembele was not bought by BVB with the intentions of making a quick sale later, he is considered one of their key players so BVB does not want to sell him. So you really can't blame them for wanting a lot of money for someone they don't want to sell.

Dembele is the only one who should be blamed. If he wanted Barca, he should have made it cleared to Dortmund. If he did that, then Dortmund would've been the assholes here. That being said, I bet Dembele didn't expect to have a shot at starting for Barca this soon.

gasgas

Dembele is the only one who should be blamed. If he wanted Barca, he should have made it cleared to Dortmund. If he did that, then Dortmund would've been the assholes here. That being said, I bet Dembele didn't expect to have a shot at starting for Barca this soon.

I think he has told BVB who at this point are trying to get as much money as possible

serghei

I think he has told BVB who at this point are trying to get as much money as possible

That's pure speculations tbh. In all fairness, Dembele probably expected to play with Dortmund for more than a season, and making a move to Barca later, at 22-23 maybe, while his contract with Dormtund was approaching the end, which would've meant Dortmund had to sell and the leverage would've been transfered to Barca. MSN looked to be set for another 2 seasons at least. Neymar to PSG was really a bomb for everyone, for Demebele as well I bet.

The thing is Neymar to PSG happened, and now Dembele wants to move while under 3 more years of contract with Dortmund. Which puts BvB in a pretty sweet spot regarding negotiations.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

To your own point, I agree Dembele never thought he would get the chance to join us this soon. I don't know if there is some sort of gentlemen's agreement of letting him to join us when we come knocking, even if there is, you can't really blame BVB for wanting as much money as possible since everyone knows we have a lot of cash right now.

serghei

To your own point, I agree Dembele never thought he would get the chance to join us this soon. I don't know if there is some sort of gentlemen's agreement of letting him to join us when we come knocking, even if there is, you can't really blame BVB for wanting as much money as possible since everyone knows we have a lot of cash right now.

Me neither. I can only say Dortmund is losing a bit in only one area: their image as a club that is helping young players to get where they want. I believe they managed to draw some big talents not because they dream to play for Dortmund, but because they see Dortmund as the perfect platform to evolve and make the next step to a bigger team when ready. So if Dortmund is blocking Dembel from making what he sees at his dream transfer, surely they are moving away from that image. That's the only thing against Dortmund. They are losing a bit here, because young players might see Demebele's case as a sign that Dortmund can be a bit hard to move from.

That being said, which other team who plays in a top league and makes CL knockout phases consistently is easier to move from. Maybe Porto/Benfica. Not many others.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Me neither. I can only say Dortmund is losing a bit in only one area: their image as a club that is helping young players to get where they want. I believe they managed to draw some big talents not because they dream to play for Dortmund, but because they see Dortmund as the perfect platform to evolve and make the next step to a bigger team when ready. So if Dortmund is blocking Dembel from making what he sees at his dream transfer, surely they are moving away from that image. That's the only thing against Dortmund. They are losing a bit here, because young players might see Demebele's case as a sign that Dortmund can be a bit hard to move from.

I disagree that BVB is losing a bit, I actually think BVB has every incentive to get rid of that image of being the springboard for something greater. I mean if you were BVB wouldn't you want to be the club that holds on to its players? Managing to hold onto Dembele is a positive sign for them. Will there be players discouraged so much so that they would not consider joining BVB? I doubt it, as everything is not absolute and will be on a case-by-base basis (if the money is right, there is always a chance).

To me the cases of Dembele and Coutinho are not that different: Both Liverpool and BVB want to send a message to the so-called elite clubs like us that they are not to be taken advantage of easily, they have the final say on the fate of their players.

serghei

I disagree that BVB is losing a bit, I actually think BVB has every incentive to get rid of that image of being the springboard for something greater. I mean if you were BVB wouldn't you want to be the club that holds on to its players? Managing to hold onto Dembele is a positive sign for them. Will there be players discouraged so much so that they would not consider joining BVB? I doubt it, as everything is not absolute and will be on a case-by-base basis (if the money is right, there is always a chance).

To me the cases of Dembele and Coutinho are not that different: Both Liverpool and BVB want to send a message to the so-called elite clubs like us that they are not to be taken advantage of easily, they have the final say on the fate of their players.

Well, BvB is not exactly Bayern imo. They can pretend they are Bayern, but that won't make them Bayern without the reality confirming their ambitions. If they were big enough, then their captain would't have felt the need to sign for their rivals, would he? Until they can match (or at least compete with) Bayern's power in Bundesliga and really challenge them, it is wrong to send messages in the market that they already see themselves as similar to Bayern Munich. They just aren't. Last season, with Dembele, they weren't even able to finish above RB Leipzing, a newly promoted team. It is not enough to view yourself as a premium club, you need to have clear, consisten results. Two seasons ago, they didn't even make top 4 in the 4th best league in Europe.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

blamed for what?

Emma

I'm surprised that none of you here criticizes the behavior of the glorious FC Barcelona.
Again, the BVB doesn't want and doesn't need to sell Dembele yet. Barca wants him absolutely, then they should also pay what we ask for or leave it .

The behavior of Dembele is not criticized here by you at all, why? He stays away from the training, strikes, that is neither fair to the club nor to the team.
Such a player wants Barca? For me, the only losers are FC Barcelona and Dembele.

Is it fair if players are striking out of their contracts? We have to go back to the fact that a contract is a contract.

What about Neymar? You wanted absolutely 220 million for him, for less he could not go. This is not greedy?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm surprised that none of you here criticizes the behavior of the glorious FC Barcelona.
Again, the BVB doesn't want and doesn't need to sell Dembele yet. Barca wants him absolutely, then they should also pay what we ask for or leave it .

The behavior of Dembele is not criticized here by you at all, why? He stays away from the training, strikes, that is neither fair to the club nor to the team.
Such a player wants Barca? For me, the only losers are FC Barcelona and Dembele.

Is it fair if players are striking out of their contracts? We have to go back to the fact that a contract is a contract.

What about Neymar? You wanted absolutely 220 million for him, for less he could not go. This is not greedy?

You can certainly criticize the behavior of Dembele, but what has FC Barcelona done to warrant any criticism, other than being persistent with that pursuit?

As I said before, there is nothing wrong with BVB wanting to get more money out of him because they don't really want to sell him, just like how we didn't want to sell Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans