0 Thread(s)
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Great read and I wonder how long they can sustain this. I love how every club boasts about scouting players but what about scouting managers and staff?
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raed View Post
    Great read and I wonder how long they can sustain this. I love how every club boasts about scouting players but what about scouting managers and staff?
    I think as long as they want to, or before they become powerful enough to be on the equal footing with Bayern and be seen as top, elite European clubs like the others, then they don't need to worry about selling players for profit in order to keep building. By then they will change their business model.

I'd guess that will take a while, at least 5 years.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a beta club, had a huge lead in points, somehow manages to throw it to the worst Bayern team in years, and also got trashed by Spurs.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    What a beta club, had a huge lead in points, somehow manages to throw it to the worst Bayern team in years, and also got trashed by Spurs.
    What do you expect? Young players with no experience, and a bunch of loanees can only get you so far. Dortmund, Tottenham, these are nice teams that rarely win titles. Good for them they give Bayern a run for their money this year in BuLi.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    What do you expect? Young players with no experience, and a bunch of loanees can only get you so far. Dortmund, Tottenham, these are nice teams that rarely win titles. Good for them they give Bayern a run for their money this year in BuLi.
    This is the worst Bayern in what, a decade?
    Also, Dortmund had a 7 points lead a few months ago?

No, this is a bottle-job, they will almost never get a opportunity like this again.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    This is the worst Bayern in what, a decade?
    Also, Dortmund had a 7 points lead a few months ago?

No, this is a bottle-job, they will almost never get a opportunity like this again.
    9 points. BVB bottled a 9-point lead.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    9 points. BVB bottled a 9-point lead.
    Or they overachieved going 9 points ahead by scoring a lot of late goals in close games. And once that started to die down they came back to their usual level.

They're comfortably 2nd best in that league.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    BVB are historically title contender, not a Spurs type of team at all. Closer to Atletico in Spain, may be even better (has CL title at least)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    BVB are historically title contender, not a Spurs type of team at all. Closer to Atletico in Spain, may be even better (has CL title at least)
    We're not talking about history here. We're talking about the level of the team. Dortmund are Spurs level at best. Not even that good, since we saw Tottenham outclass them in CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zagadpu is a disaster waiting to happen, why favre keeps playing him is ridiculous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazard, Brandt, and Schulz all officially in at BVB. Probably need a striker and a CB to finish out the summer spending.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is some serious Stockholm Syndrome going on between Dortmund and Bayern. Why would they take Mats back?? Götszche too. It's like verifying that going to Bayern to collect trophies is fine, you can always come back if you become too shit to play for them. It is so weird to me.

If they really had some balls they would save his big fee and massive wages and overpay for the next German CB-talent to get him to join them instead of Bayern, imo. That would be a better path to a future where they compete with Bayern, than this one, in my opinion at least.