Borussia Dortmund

Messi983

They are playing great after a winter break. Three straight games scoring 5 goals in the league, Haaland already has scored 7 goals in those 3 games and I believe Sancho is the only player in big 5 leagues so far with 10+ goals and assists.

Hopefully they can beat PSG but I don't trust their defense too much. We should see two interesting games with a lot of goals though.

What I didn't like in their last game against Union Berlin is both Achraf and Reus (especially him as a club captain) throwing things around in anger when being subbed off in 2nd half with a convincing lead. They are playing today in DFB-Pokal against Werder followed by an important away game in Leverkusen on Saturday. Next up is Frankfurt and then already PSG so players should understand Favre's decisions to give them some rest before these games.

shockey80

Dortmund is weird team. One second they can play great and next second terrible. You never know with them. Very unpredictable.
Its actually very predictable. They cant defend very well and play open.

Thrilling to watch but against even decent teams and especially away from home. They have issues.

KingLeo10

If you guys bottle it again :lol:...

Honestly, this R of 16 has high stakes.

If Bayern and RM lose, they're back to 2000s mediocrity with successive R of 16 exits. I know they have strong opponents (Bayern last year, RM this year) but narratives rarely reflect that.

If we lose to Napoli, we're giving PSG and City serious competition for the chief clowns of Europe.

If PSG or City lose, they might as well shut down these clubs.

If Juve lose, it'll prove that not even CR7 can alleviate the losing that is in Juve's DNA.

:lol: Should be great entertainment.

Imagine being the only very good - great side (Pool) in this chaotic era in Europe. Scousers chose the best time to peak much like Bayern chose the worst time for their peak (Barca and RM won 3 and 4 CLs when Bayern was at their strongest historically).

serghei

Honestly, this R of 16 has high stakes.

If Bayern and RM lose, they're back to 2000s mediocrity with successive R of 16 exits. I know they have strong opponents (Bayern last year, RM this year) but narratives rarely reflect that.

If we lose to Napoli, we're giving PSG and City serious competition for the chief clowns of Europe.

If PSG or City lose, they might as well shut down these clubs.

If Juve lose, it'll prove that not even CR7 can alleviate the losing that is in Juve's DNA.

:lol: Should be great entertainment.

Yea, plenty to play for. It's a bit of a shame that Liverpool are operating at high level and they'll probably win this easily looking at the state of the big clubs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Juventus are facing Lyon who are worse this year. Juve should win this. Anything else would be a disaster. No Memphis either.

Home of Barca Fans