Borussia Dortmund

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Unbelievable. I know Stoeger did well at Cologne by bringing them back to the 1.Buli and did wonders especially last season and brought Cologne to the 5th place, but this season's abysmal performance is very troubling. I am hoping he is a temporary patch while the BVB tries to secure the likes of Nagelsmann etc.

1993Kaan1993

Unbelievable. I know Stoeger did well at Cologne by bringing them back to the 1.Buli and did wonders especially last season and brought Cologne to the 5th place, but this season's abysmal performance is very troubling. I am hoping he is a temporary patch while the BVB tries to secure the likes of Nagelsmann etc.

Nagelsman wants only BM.otherwise, he is my favourite coach to replace Emery at PSG.

MVBarcaFan

I'll give him the benefit of doubt...he did lose Modeste to a Chinese club so there went his goalscorer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'll give him the benefit of doubt...he did lose Modeste to a Chinese club so there went his goalscorer.

Losing Modeste alone shouldn't sink Cologne into a place with just 3 points after 15 rounds. I am not convinced. We will see what happens to BVB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]

Luft you seem to be way too harsh on some coaches.

First Tuchel and now this Koln coach.

Nagelsmann is hardly better with his team getting wrecked by much inferior teams in the EL.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Nagelsmann is hardly better with his team getting wrecked by much inferior teams in the EL.

Still not a fan of Tuchel but with Stoeger, honestly I haven't watched Cologne enough to warrant any legitimate opinion on him however I was just shocked that BVB hired him right after he was sacked by Cologne. I certainly hope he will turn things around there but watzke and zorc have to shoulder some blame for BVB's last several disappointing seasons for sure.

behindbrowneyes

Still not a fan of Tuchel but with Stoeger, honestly I haven't watched Cologne enough to warrant any legitimate opinion on him however I was just shocked that BVB hired him right after he was sacked by Cologne. I certainly hope he will turn things around there but watzke and zorc have to shoulder some blame for BVB's last several disappointing seasons for sure.

I am from Austria so I know him well. He took over my local club Austria Vienna (he even paid part of his buy-out to get his chance), which finished 7th the season before and won the championship with basically the same team in his first year. With a point record. Versus a Red Bull Salzburg that had an on fire Jonathan Soriano, Kevin Kampl and Sadio Mané.

Köln always was a difficult club. Stöger got the most out of this team. Difficult to keep this up while losing your best player with an already inferior team. Everybody has seen the crash of Leicester after they won the EPL. These things happen with teams that have not the necessary quality to keep up to this standard. Many coaches got fired before he came and coached them for 4 years.

Stöger always was underrated as coach and succeeded everywhere he was(I am sure Köln-fans will say he was a success-->if you read German forums you would see that most of them see it as a mistake that they've sacked him). He took one step after the other. There weren't many options for BVB and I think Stöger was the best available. He knows the league, he knows the language and he knows BVB. His recent record with Köln looks worrying, but it is difficult to keep a high level when you're coach of the same team for a long time. There is a reason why Pep doesn't want to coach a team longer than 3-4 years.

Stöger is a great motivator and will help BVB to stabilise their defence. Right now he is a short-time solution but I won't be surprised if he stays in Dortmund for longer. I've heard he already was a candidate for the job last summer.

1993Kaan1993

Nagelsman rotated and didn't care about EL.

Blame his president, who didn't replace Süle and Rudy and forced Nagelsman to play Nordtveit who costed them 4 goals vs Liverpool. He now plays youth teams Cb's.

Nagelsman already rejected them and said his dream is BM.

Jenks

Jadon Sancho is looking like the real deal. Some great composed play today, beautiful assist and well-taken goal.

Might have been a decent shout as a wildcard player for the World Cup if he hadn't missed as much game time with an injury.

[tw]988733818042572800[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans