Borussia Dortmund

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Small intro on Borussia Dortmund who, after opening match where they were defeated vs. Leverkusen, chalked up 7 victories in a row and replaced Mainz as Bundesliga leaders few days ago.

Their usual lineup:

2dtxa3s.jpg

Their team is full of youngsters: Hummels (21), Schmelzer (22), Bender (21), Großkreutz (22), Kagawa (21) Subotic (21), Sahin (22), Gotze (18).

Interestingly enough, their coach is Jurgen Klopp, man who managed Mainz for 8 years.

Trequartista

The good
it will be interesting to see how Jurgen Klopp deals with the formation when Muhamad Zidane returns,maybe use Kagawa on Flanks

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't rate Klopp that much. eltren could say otherwise but I think he's been riding lady luck so far.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
it will be interesting to see how Jurgen Klopp deals with the formation when Muhamad Zidane returns,maybe use Kagawa on Flanks
I dont see Zidan getting into the team again. Lewandoski is taking over Zidans role, so i would expect Zidan to leave in the near future.

I don't rate Klopp that much. eltren could say otherwise but I think he's been riding lady luck so far.

Klopp is a great motivator, there is absolutely no doubt about it. He also seems like a good tactician, his team plays a very fast, straight and offensive football, and still using physics to brawl the opponent down and get into possession asap. If you watched the EL match vs Sevilla you could see that (well i am aware they lost, but they would have given Sevilla a trashing if not stopped by the ref). On my personal list i easily rate him among the top 5 bundesliga coaches today, perhaps even top 3 ...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for that eltren. I only watched few matches this season and should probably give him another go.

Trequartista

The good
Zidane was argubaly the best player at Dortumond before his injury setback,will bea massive boost if he returns to his form

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Zidane was argubaly the best player at Dortumond before his injury setback,will bea massive boost if he returns to his form

hm, not really imo. regarded as keyplayers were already last year the cb couple of hummels and subotic, the cm couple of kehl and sahin and barrios up front. zidan was inhabiting the deep striker/am position and cpuldnt really match kagawas current performances there imo. at least i can say thar hardly anyone of the fans seems to be missing him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Way they dominated against Mainz made me believe Borussia Dortmund are the favourites for the title.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Yeah, like i just wrote in the BL thread. If they really drop out of the EL (and they are currently behind PSG and Sevilla) they should be making it w/out the eurocup distraction.

El Gato

Villarato!
Arguably Borussia's best prospect and player Shinji Kagawa may be out for a season due to foot injury.

Such a shame for him :(

Home of Barca Fans