Borussia Dortmund

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Edit: Damn, Feldwebel Schulz was faster. What he said, besically.

Hey, I have always aspired to be an Oberst (and I was a good one when I tried to get the "heroes" out of Stalag 18) , if it weren't for Klink I would have long been promoted! :lol:

:beer2:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I don't even know what people are discussing here. Hoeneß openly admitted that the intention was to weaken other teams systematically. Google is your friend.

Could you provide a link pls? Obviously google is not my friend today.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He meant that Götze is an actual Bavarian in terms of being born and raised there for the first couple of years of his life, not to mention the fact that he was actually a supporter of FC Bayern (for what that's worth at such a young age) who slept in Bayern sheets.

All is true, but still, that was very inconsiderate and insensitive for him to say what he said. Saying that the BVB only borrowed Götze is just adding insult to injury. He was a product of the BVB youth system which enable to get where he is today.

Many BVB fans are still licking their wound over the loss of Götze, why say such a thing? What's next? Is he going to say BVB was just one stop on Lewa's way to the final destination - Bayern, pretty soon?

AfricanBavarian

All is true, but still, that was very inconsiderate and insensitive for him to say what he said. Saying that the BVB only borrowed Götze is just adding insult to injury. He was a product of the BVB youth system which enable to get where he is today.

Many BVB fans are still licking their wound over the loss of Götze, why say such a thing? What's next? Is he going to say BVB was just one stop on Lewa's way to the final destination - Bayern, pretty soon?

Well KHR and Uli surprisingly are one of the more educated Bayern legends, if you think this is bad listen to the stuff Mathauss and Effenberg say on a daily basis :lol:

DennyCrane

Could you provide a link pls? Obviously google is not my friend today.

It was in Sportbild print prior to the Götze transfer and has been requoted literally a gajillion times, so for reference, google the quote.

Ehrlich, es ist überhaupt nicht unser Interesse, den anderen zu schwächen. Das haben wir früher mal gemacht, aber das kann nur ein Nebenaspekt sein

Translation: Honestly, it's not our intention to weaken the other. We did that earlier, but this can only be a minor aspect

The first sentence is to be taken 'cum grano salis' considering the backstory. The bolded part is infinitely more telling, as it punctuates the intention. There's no need to outline the 'systematic' part of this m.o., since that can be easily concluded from their transfer history; I'll just quote myself here.

Some examples to put things into perspective:

- Calle de Haye and Lothar Matthäus from Borussia Mönchengladbach in the eighties, weakening the only real rival in the league.

- Mid-eighties: Nürnberg becomes a serious contender: Bayern sign Hans Dorfner, Stefan Reuter, Roland Grahammer and Manfred Schwabl, effectively banishing Nürnberg to mid table again.

- 1989: Köln become a serious competitor: Bayern buy their by far best and most important player Jürgen Kohler.

- 90s: KSC becomes a serious contender: Bayern sign over the course of a few years Michael Sternkopf, Oliver Kreuzer, Mehmet Scholl, Oliver Kahn, Thorsten Fink and Michael Tarnat. In 1998, KSC goes to second division

- 1991: Kaiserslautern wins the league: Bayern buy Bruno Labbadia. Two years later, they buy Marcel Witeczeck and Ciriaco Sforza. 1994, Kaiserslautern go to second division

- 1995: Bremen become a serious competitor: Bayern buy Andreas Herzog and sign Rehhagel, one year later they buy Basler too. And the Bremen-case repeats here: 2005 they buy Ismael, two years later Klose, 2008 they buy Borowski. They even signed Jan Schlaudraff just so that Bremen can't get him.

- Stuttgart case: Bayern destroy the 'magic triangle' by signing Giovane Elber.

- Around the turn of the millenium, Leverkusen becomes a strong opponent: 2001 Bayern sign Kovac, 2002 it's Ballack and Ze Roberto, Lucio in 2004.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I realize that but it annoys me how people think Bayern are the only guilty party, if you are a big club you are the bully. Im sure Monchengladbach fans werent happy to see Reus in a BvB jersey, neither were Nurnberg fans eiger to see Gundogan in a BvB jersey, or Sevilla fans eager to see Ramos in a RM kit, Southampton when Arsenal bought Walcott, or even Mallorca fans when Eto'o went to Barca. If you are a fan of a big club you really have no room to point fingers, im not attacking you or anyone who is a fan of a big club but the people who call Bayern the bad guys should look at their club before they start cry "foul play!" :p
Luftstalag and DennyCrane have said all about it, really; and we already had a discussion about Bayern/Barca while back on here, but to sum it up: Of course big transfers always hurt the other team, but Barca, Arsenal and Dortmund, especially Arsenal, are all fairly bad examples and not comparable with Bayern imo.
- Arsenal has had tons of young, raw talents growing into world-class players in their ranks, only to see them leave the club to get titles, money (Cashley Cole) or go home and join the (at that time) best team in the world (Cesc). With all the players that left Arsenal in the last decade, you could form a team that would immediately boss the whole CL. The only really big signing they made in recent years was Mesut Özil. Did it weaken Madrid? Yes, lol. But it was Madrid who wanted to sell him.
- Barca has the best youth system in the world, with the majority of its core players being home-grown. Did they make signings that weakened other clubs? Sure. But, as I said some weeks ago, drawing a comparison with Bayern and Barca would only be acceptable if Barca bought Real Madrid's (or Atleti's) players to make them less of a title threat.
- Dortmund, well. The only transfer you can mention in that respect is Reus, and he's Dortmund-grown and only left to get playing time, similar to Cesc at Barca.

Still, there's no point in debating this really; as I said, I'm not attacking Bayern and they're certainly not the only "guilty party". Still, they have a history of intentionally weakening the opponent to be on top constantly, which is not a philosophy I find particularly admirable, but if they want to do business like it, fine. Good for you anyway, enjoy it.

Well, the thing that bugged me about that incident was that Großkreutz was not just "exaggerating", but the whole team started making up things and lied to the camera without blushing. They were dead serious about that incident, like it actually happened. I call that a serious lack in character. When you are a public figure and are in front of a camera, you simply are not supposed to lie through your teeth. These guys are football players, not politicians ffs.
Also the "Echte Liebe" slogan always bugged me, since it implies that only BVB fans can have true love towards their club, whereas the loyalty others share with their favorite team, is somewhat insincere in comparison.
"Mia san mir" is much less imposing on the feelings of others, since it merely states that "we know who we are and we like it, no matter what everybody else thinks or says". Such **** off mentality often serves well in real life btw.
Well, I think the pictures showed Neuer making some kind of movement knowing that Großkotz was behind him, the thing that was missing was the elbow, but still. About the other players, call it bystander effect I guess. I know what you mean though, but I find that particular incident excusable given it was the derby, and the rules of the universe don't apply on the day of the derby. Everyone goes full retard, but that's part of the fun, isn't it?

As for echte Liebe, well, I don't think it's implying that per se. But of course, if a club is currently top dog, you can assume that some part of its fanbase is bandwagoners or simply impressed by success and not necessarily loving the club for its own sake. Barca has been there (and still is) and Bayern is currently there, too. That's why it's never fully echte Liebe for the whole of Bayern's fanbase (or Barca's or [insert title/CL/double/treble winning club]'s). Of course, Dortmund has gathered a huge base of bandwagon fans over the past few years, so currently it's not purely echte Liebe for them either, but if you think about pre 2011 years, there wasn't much to hype about. Those fans that still stick around are supposed to feel "echte Liebe". Of course Bayern fans like that too, loads of them (like you for example, apparently, even if I don't know why :messi:), but honestly, the longest time Bayern has been without a title in recent years was what, two years? And they are sure to never become a mid-table team in any season, so how many of their fans are truly "echt" can't really be determined. Same goes for Barca, RM etc btw.

Bayern on the other hand... I dunno, it's difficult to grasp how international fans would get the idea of Bayern being arrogant. I think it's more a matter of BVB being the supposed antithesis to Bayern and also the underdog, when they squared off in the CL final. And people just love to support the underdog and hope to see them win, no illusions about that. So in that instant Bayern was immediately labeled that big, bad wolf.
Also the sheer dominanting fashion in which that CL trophy was eventually won (remember the Barca and Juve legs as well as the first leg against Arsenal), caused a lot of hate. You just don't like to see you favorite team getting thrashed and humbled like that. It's humiliating. And you can't expect people to love the big bully afterwards.
Agreed, but Hoeneß is definitely helping it with his inexplicable drive to comment on everyone and everything even though it's none of his business whatsoever (cf. Ibra remarks). Or with his tendency to deride any big transfer that is made, announcing to the world that Bayern are not interested in the player in question anyway, because he allegedly doesn't rate him, thinks he wouldn't work out for Bayern (Neymar) or thinks his own players are much better (Özil/Kroos). I can't think of a single time Hoeneß congratulated a club for signing a player. And this is something that, of course, is noticed internationally, especially the recent Ibra remarks caused a lot of fuss, and no good one. Then there's Müller, who wins the CL and directly screams for the Ballon D'Or for one of his teammates. I can't remember a Barca player, or any other club's player ever doing that. Just some ideas.

I'll just quote myself here.
It doesn't really fit, but I'd like to quote you on something else too, for personal enjoyment:
Nah, the club will finally implode on his own as it always does with a foreign coach who isn't part of the borderline incestuous cronyism Bayern is built upon. Pep will learn the lesson many coaches have learnt before: You can't succeed at this club without unrestrained support from everyone involved at the club, which ranges from Uli Hoeneß to newspapers Helmut Markwort or Friede Springer own to former club legends who can't stfu if their life depended on it and everyone in between. Pep already committed two cardinal sins with 'changing the formation that was used in the year before that' and hauling the teachers' pet in, which means that every person involved with Bayern is already on overwatch. If he doesn't collect points from Friday on, and fast, hell will break lose there.
I don't think the very essence of Bayern (as I see it anyway) has ever been summarised more aptly; and I'll just leave this here to point out what creeps me out about this club. (Although it might turn out you were wrong on the Pep part, given his weird adaptation to life in Bavaria.)

But wtf has this turned into, this is the Dortmund thread and I'm shocked to see the video of Klopp's incredible shot at the linesman's head I posted so rudely ignored.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Of course Bayern fans like that too, loads of them (like you for example, apparently, even if I don't know why :messi:)

Last time off-topic, just to fill that void ;)
I go back to the two years, where BVB was thumping the likes of Bayern to become back-to-back title-holders in the mid-90s. Everybody in my school (I was just recently introduced to primary school) was supporting BVB after their first win. You have no idea just how much black and neon yellow merchandise could be seen back in the day. It was outright sickening. Hertha at that time was still in the 2. Bundesliga and at such young age, nobody gives a crap about the 2. Bundesliga and thus also not about the biggest local team (yes, I'm orginally from Berlin). So given the kind of players who played for BVB at that time (Andi Möller, Chapuisat, Reuter, Ricken, Herrlich etc.) and that ever-present rub-it-in-your-face-that-we-are-the-best (ironic, isn't it?) black-neon yellow (btw... those shirts back then were downright fugly :D) caused me to be repulsed by that club forever.
Well, Bayern on the other hand was the underdog at that time and their squad featured a couple of players I liked (Scholl, Matthäus, Kahn). Since I never liked to mereley just follow the flock, I decided to become a Bayern fan, instead of a BVB fan like so many others at that time. I admit, that two of my friends settled for Bayern as well, certainly didn't hurt.
Well, many years have passed since then and most BVB supporters from back then either stopped caring about football alltogether or are supporting Hertha BSC now. Just a few remain who support the BVB.
Bayern in turn always stuck with me. Since I'm an arrogant p**k anyways and never gave much on the opinions of others, I always felt like they were the perfect fit for me or to quote van Gaal, they fit me like a warm coat^^, not to mention all those unforgettable moments (the 4 minute championship for Schalke until Andersson crushed all their hopes and dreams [yes, sometimes I relish in the evil :D], the CL finals '99 and 2001, '10, '11, the record-breaking treble season 12/13, all those duels with Real Madrid, especially the Galactico era, despite us actually succumbin to them most of the times while Zidane was around, the months of rage and hate aka the Klinsmann era - just to name a few].

Of course, those big moments for a Bayern supporter differ from the kind a, let's say Nürnberg supporter experiences in his life, but well... that doesn't make the experience itself less 'true' or unforgettable.
Allright, that's that. ;)

Last edited:

Crews

Does that mean if Löw gets fired next year Klopp won't be able to take the NT job?
Not sure if that is allowed but, don't think Klopp would have enough time to do both jobs well. I can also see a conflict of interest when choosing the players.

Emma

1422364_789568401055142_1634283043_n.jpg

yes - Kloppo forever!!!!! :-*

ccesc

Reus :worthy:
2:1 after 21 minutes against Stuttgart

edit: 4:1 now. 2 Lewandowski goals in 1 Minute

Dortmund won 6:1 after 0:1. Stuttgart 1 shot.
3x Lewandowski, Reus, Sokratis, Aubameyang

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans