Borussia Dortmund

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Benitez wasn't that good tactically with Chelsea last season.

Yeah, I screwed up the prediction, but Dortmund were unlucky and I can't see a club with Albiol as its starting CB qualifying.

Yet he won the europa league!!!!! Underestimate a Rafa team IN EUROPE at your peril.

Albiol is a solid enough defender and under Rafa will get the right guidance to improve further.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Not too many impressive teams in the Europe League, but fair play to Benitez. Again, Napoli is a solid team, but picking them over Arsenal and last year's CL finalists? The loss was in Napoli, if they do that at Dortmund then we'll be talking.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Nobody will just roll up at the San Paolo and win, Napoli are borderline unbeatable there

This. Of all the games, this was probably the toughest one for Dortmund. And no one really expected them to force a win there, especially not Klopp (although I hoped for it). So no surprise, really.

Plus, they missed a couple of key players (Gündogan, Hummels, Kehl) and had enough bad luck for the whole CL season now. Considering this and that they were one man down, 2-1 is an acceptable result and there's not much harm done.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dortmund fail to qualify tbh. Rafa is the best tactican out of the three managers and Arsenal seem have that knack of getting out the group stages.
I don't see them not qualifying. Don't expect Dortmund to drop points at home. Especially after a loss. They usually turn it on the most when they have something to make up for (just like the goalfest against Hamburg only started after the 2-2). As for Arsenal, their recent record is pretty impressive. I don't really see them losing to Napoli at home; and winning will give them an early lead.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really hope BVB will slap those Bayern fans who showed their blatant schadenfreude toward BVB's loss ("BVB deserves to be in the Europa League...") in the face with a come-back.

I really hope BVB will slap those Bayern fans who showed their blatant schadenfreude toward BVB's loss ("BVB deserves to be in the Europa League...") in the face with a come-back.
Do you mean the same Schadenfreude the bees showed all over the internet when Bayern became treble vice champions? They were laughing and mocking in all forums the last two years, but cannot handle it when others doing it at their forums. Obviously the BVB supporters r too sensitive to get any criticism and instantly starting to cry like little girls and all they can do is showing their hate towards Bayern..such a inferiority complex.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do you mean the same Schadenfreude the bees showed all over the internet when Bayern became treble vice champions? They were laughing and mocking in all forums the last two years, but cannot handle it when others doing it at their forums. Obviously the BVB supporters r too sensitive to get any criticism and instantly starting to cry like little girls and all they can do is showing their hate towards Bayern..such a inferiority complex.

It's not just the BVB fans, apparently in Germany pretty much all the other neutral fans with the exception of Schalke fans are not showing much love for Bayern.

At least I have not seen the BVB fans expressing the level of arrogance that some Bayern fans have expressed. Sure they are the best team in the world right now, but they are not invincible as some of them made it out to be.

Die Bayern

Don't know who's said that but I for one would like Dortmund to qualify from the groups. It's good for German football to have as many teams as possible at the elimination phase, and it's a breath of fresh air for another German team to be challenging. Every team has arrogant fans you can't escape that, I'm sure even Barcelona has their fair share of them.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Luftstalag is right. It's no secret Bayern is the club many Germans love to hate, has nothing to do with BVB. If you're any familiar with German football, you'd know that whole idea of BVB - Bayern rivalry is made up by those who only started following the Bundesliga recently, after Dortmund got into their winning cycle. It's basically Bayern against the rest. That's partly because no other team manages to be a long-term serious contender for Bayern. They have a go at them every once in a while, but mostly, that doesn't last for more than a couple of seasons. So "Schadenfreude" about Bayern losing comes from everywhere, not just Dortmund. (Having said that, it could of course be that Dortmund is currently on the verge of becoming a long-term big club, but that remains to be seen. Certainly hoping for it).

And the true archrivals of Dortmund are Schalke, not Bayern.

Don't know who's said that but I for one would like Dortmund to qualify from the groups. It's good for German football to have as many teams as possible at the elimination phase, and it's a breath of fresh air for another German team to be challenging.
That's the spirit. (Although I doubt that feeling is reciprocated...)

Last edited:

Maria

It's not just the BVB fans, apparently in Germany pretty much all the other neutral fans with the exception of Schalke fans are not showing much love for Bayern.

So it's ok to mock Bayern, but not so ok when others are doing it with BVB? And I personally saw more Napoli and Benitez fans laughing at BVB than I saw Bayern fans..

Yet he won the europa league!!!!! Underestimate a Rafa team IN EUROPE at your peril.

Albiol is a solid enough defender and under Rafa will get the right guidance to improve further.

No offense, but it seems to me you're the one who is underestimating BVB, especially after the beautiful football that they played this season and after they were without their most important player(and had Sahin as his replacement..by the way has Sahin ever won a CL game with BVB?).
I would wait at least another round before making any preditions about this group.

Last edited:

Faceless

No more faces at night

I think people underestimate Rafa too much. He gave Liverpool glory and look, his management in Chelsea temporarily was pretty good. Sure he has his faults, but he gets the job done.

The hate for Bayern isn't unusual, it has been going on for years, plus it's like people hating Manchester United for the same reasons. Seems pretty normal to me.

Every club have their rotten fans and their loyal sensible ones.

S2K1985

Chatbot
Don't know who's said that but I for one would like Dortmund to qualify from the groups. It's good for German football to have as many teams as possible at the elimination phase, and it's a breath of fresh air for another German team to be challenging. Every team has arrogant fans you can't escape that, I'm sure even Barcelona has their fair share of them.

Im not a Bayern Fan, i really dislike them. But he/she is right. Dortmund Fans showed ALOT schadenfreude against Bayern when they lost against Chelsea.
I must say i unterstand, that Bayern Fans are now laughing @ the Dortmund Fans.

We would do the same, when it happens to RM ( Beast and Wolfe would troll us to death, when it happend to us:pep:)

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Im not a Bayern Fan, i really dislike them. But he/she is right. Dortmund Fans showed ALOT schadenfreude against Bayern when they lost against Chelsea.
Again, those were not Dortmund fans exclusively. Schadenfreude came from everywhere. As usual. Remember 2001, when Bayern and not Schalke won the league on the last matchday? Everyone was hoping Schalke would win it.

S2K1985

Chatbot
Again, those were not Dortmund fans exclusively. Schadenfreude came from everywhere. As usual. Remember 2001, when Bayern won the league on the last matchday? Everyone was hoping Schalke would win it.

Of course i remember it. That alot People laughed about Bayern is true( i did it too ;)). But why Bayern Fans get critized when they do the same? And why in a Barca forum?

How many Barca fans are cheering for RM?

Faceless

No more faces at night
Of course i remember it. That alot People laughed about Bayern is true( i did it too ;)). But why Bayern Fans get critized when they do the same? And why in a Barca forum?

How many Barca fans are cheering for RM?
Now you put it this way, it just seems that there is an undying hate towards Bayern. Probably because of their arrogance. Remember before the treble, people from all around the world tend to label Bayern and German National players as chokers? There are also bloody stupid comments like "If Bayern play in the EPL, they won't even make it the top 5/10"

The same goes for our team too, actually I have visited a lot forum for different teams and there is a lot of hate for Barcelona. So it's just hate.. The world is full scumbags..

S2K1985

Chatbot
Now you put it this way, it just seems that there is an undying hate towards Bayern. Probably because of their arrogance. Remember before the treble, people from all around the world tend to label Bayern and German National players as chokers? There are also bloody stupid comments like "If Bayern play in the EPL, they won't even make it the top 5/10"

The same goes for our team too, actually I have visited a lot forum for different teams and there is a lot of hate for Barcelona. So it's just hate.. The world is full scumbags..

Of course there is an undying hate for Bayern:D. And you can still say that they are chokers:p. Rib and Rob arent german.

Home of Barca Fans