Borussia Dortmund

Trickykid

I'm gonna watch Dortmund - Werder Bremen tonight. Anyone in particular I should keep an eye out for? Aside from the usual suspects that is (Reus, Lewandowski, Hummels etc.)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
goetze_jubel-1345842112_zoom11_crop_560x280_560x280+0+16.jpg

Gotze scored a winner! I don't think they'll miss Kagawa much :)

elvisng1005

Dortmund has quality central defenders, Mario Goetze and Marco Reus are great, some German said Seven Bender is better than Khedira, they are solid stones to build up Dortmund back to their glory day. Bayern often loses Italians, but as i remember, when Dortmund was strong, they didn't. Nuri Sahin was so stupid of leaving Dortmund.

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Sven Bender :worthy:
Dortmund has quite the team. I seriously cant wait to see how they do in the CL this season. I predict them to get out of the group of death. I think they will surprise a lot of people and earn themselves some new fans. They have the quality to be one of the very top teams in europe. I believe this year their goal is the CL final and they just might sacrifice retaining their league title for this. Pretty excited to see what happens.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Dissapointing game by them. Not sure what happen 2nd half. Seemed to step it up after they conceded but then they lost control. They really need Gotze fit for 90. Need to have him and Reus together on the pitch more.

elvisng1005

If BVB wants to back to the glory days in Europe, they'd need to do lots of things, they need Goetze at fit. Goetze, Rues, Hummels, Subotic had played some international games in Euro and WC qualifier, they could get more experiences for different playing styles outside Bundesliga, but their central midfield is not really experienced outside Bundesliga, Seven Bender and Kehl still lack of experiences outside Bundesliga. I just read on newspaper, Lewa wants to leave BVB in next summer and just still one year in contact, BVB will have to sell in next summer, Lewa is not German, of course, he can choose another team have better financial potential, better European experience to get European titles, we can not require him faithful to the club like Germans. i read in here BVB can buy Kevin Volland, but he's still very young, who can replace Lewa in Dortmund squad ? 30 million Euros is a big money for the team like BVB. The most important thing is they have to keep their key players like Hummels, Goetze, Reus for a long time and build up the team around them.

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Dortmund defense with serious problems this season. Last season they only conceded 25 goals in 34 games. This season they've already conceded 7 in 5 games.

It's also difficult to keep players motivated and focused when they're used to winning for two years. Dortmund may be suffering from that. I really don't think they're going to retain the title this year. :(

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Its looking like Bayern are going to regain the title. But who knows? Dortmund started off TERRIBLE last year and really picked it up. They have such a great squad.
That Reus goal today :wub:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, Eintracht were joint league leaders prior to this match so one might say Dortmund won a point.
Still way too early to dismiss them.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Dropped much needed points...they really need to get their act together if they want to remain champions. It's looking bleak for them in that aspect atm.

Home of Barca Fans