Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 2,086 to 2,093 of 2093

Thread: Borussia Dortmund

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo View Post
    Maybe they want to buy Jasper, 20-30 million euros is fine.
    I was thinking along the lines of.

Timo Horn

André Onana

Hell even Bernd Leno.

Jasper would be an interesting option though. But yeah while having a good shot stopper is important also having a keeper who's excellent on the ball and knows how to sweep playing while having a system that employs a highline/possession etc will make a huge difference.

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timo Horn is quite bad with the ball at his feet.
    Bürki's problem this season is not the sweeping. He is having some horrible games and being responsible for quite a couple of goals. Two against Tottenham and one yesterday. Would he perform better Dortmund would maybe be in another situation in CL. He also made mistakes in league games.

And Bosz seems to be a bit naive. You have to alter your ideas against stronger teams.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Oh, oh. It always depends on how a change will be made.
    Dembele forced his move like a spoilt child by impossible behavior.

The fans are upset about him. But, in the meantime the general opinion has turned: most fans now are glad he's gone - otherwise Yemolenko would not be there. So, it's all ok.
    Glad to hear things are going so much better now Dembele is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has more to do with Tuchel being gone than Dembele.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuchel wasn't that great himself. Toward the end of his tenure at BVB he offered nothing.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an ignorant comment. Towards the end of his tenure he and his team survived a bomb attack and he had to deal with a major conflict with the Dortmund hierarchy. He still won the DFB-Pokal - their first title in five years. Yeah, "offered nothing". No idea what you expect given the circumstances.
    Last edited by Zuza66; 5th November 2017 at 06:18 PM.

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Dortmund created their own problems with sacking Tuchel. You never know about internal problems but imo Watzke looks like a huge idiot right now.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuza66 View Post
    What an ignorant comment. Towards the end of his tenure he and his team survived a bomb attack and he had to deal with a major conflict with the Dortmund hierarchy. He still won the DFB-Pokal - their first title in five years. Yeah, "offered nothing". No idea what you expect given the circumstances.
    Yeah, blame everything on everything else except him. The fact of the matter is his tactics got found out and he refused to change and adapt, something Peter Bosz is also doing that reminded me of Tuchel. I often felt BVB under him in his 2nd season had no rhythm or the wrong rhythm, they were too quick and hasty when they were in their opponent's half without holding the ball a bit to settle and control the pace; and they were too slow when they switched from defense to offense and especially in counters and consequently lost many opportunities. Anyway, just my opinion. I don't think he was fired only because he was butting heads with Watzke. That DFB Pokal they won was against Eintracht Frankfurt in the final it was almost a sure thing but I will give it to you that game they eliminated Bayern was a very good one.
    Sóc Culer.