Ronald Koeman

serghei

Raki, Vidal and Suarez have left though. They were too old for that. Hopefully Busi is benched and the younger players can handle the training.

They have to handle the training. It's an essential aspect in trying to get closer to teams like Liverpool and Bayern. The way you train is the way you look on the field.

Horatio

You're welcome
They have to handle the training. It's an essential aspect in trying to get closer to teams like Liverpool and Bayern. The way you train is the way you look on the field.

Only downside it will take time to be conditioned like that. We might only start to really benefit from it starting next season.

clemente

Maybe his hard trainings can bring Busquets back to life, I mean he's only 32, there is no need to turn into a grandma at such a young age, that Valverde damage could be undone.

FinBarcelonafan

Maybe his hard trainings can bring Busquets back to life, I mean he's only 32, there is no need to turn into a grandma at such a young age, that Valverde damage could be undone.

Nah. Even his reactions are too slow. He has lost the speed in his brain. He was never quick/fast enough physically. It was his quick brain which allowed him to play at the highest level. Now he has brain farts all the time.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Busi is a victim of football changing. 21-year-old Busi still would not look as good in today's game. Just look at Rodri at City.

serghei

Only downside it will take time to be conditioned like that. We might only start to really benefit from it starting next season.

Sure, which is why I've been obsessive about work-rate and intensity. They are so important that you have to obsess about them if you see them lacking a lot. For me, these things have brought our demise over the last 4-5 years, not lack of talent and football skill.

Busi is a victim of football changing. 21-year-old Busi still would not look as good in today's game. Just look at Rodri at City.

Busi was a great 3rd midfielder, but he is completely helpless at commanding a midfield. He'd work great in today's football if you have great partners for him to work with.

Last edited:

Rory

Might not take as long as we think. Frenkie has always been in decent physical conditioning. Coutinho spent the year at Bayern, Pjanic -Juventus, Trincao - Benfica, Fati might have a way to go yet but that's the case anyway because he's young. So long as dembele is fit that will be the best physical health he's been in, in 3 years lol. Roberto has always been one of the more physically fit players in the squad. For all of alba's faults he's capable of running up and down the wing.

Messi, Griezmann, Pique and Busquets are probably the players you'd target to get better physical conditioning out of. Pique tbf to him is usually fit so I'm not sure he even belongs in that list. Busquets shouldn't even be starting tbh.

Porque

At this stage in his career Busi should of been converted to a CB.

But he lacks all physical attributes (bar the ability to slow jog like a marathon runner) to even be converted there like many other aging DMCs.

I did love the way against Villarreal he found space in attacking positions, only to one touch pass it backwards when receiving the ball.

You can't teach that, you can only be born with it.

JPM85

Might not take as long as we think. Frenkie has always been in decent physical conditioning. Coutinho spent the year at Bayern, Pjanic -Juventus, Trincao - Benfica, Fati might have a way to go yet but that's the case anyway because he's young. So long as dembele is fit that will be the best physical health he's been in, in 3 years lol. Roberto has always been one of the more physically fit players in the squad. For all of alba's faults he's capable of running up and down the wing.

Messi, Griezmann, Pique and Busquets are probably the players you'd target to get better physical conditioning out of. Pique tbf to him is usually fit so I'm not sure he even belongs in that list. Busquets shouldn't even be starting tbh.

Pique was never the biggest problem of not able to run anymore. The guy is no Varane, but never seen him being outpaced continuesly like Bartra-Bale duel was. Pique's problem is always to get his head and concentration into the game.
Griezmann works his butt off, but lacks on the ball technique. His off the ball movement and defensive work is good.
Left us only with Busquets & Messi, who don't have the legs anymore for this game. Way better than last year with Busquets, Vidal, Rakitic, Suarez & Messi in the squad, without legs.

We have 2 major overhauls to overcome;
The mental aspect in our defense (Alba, Lenglet, Pique & MAtS), who seem to struggle when the pressure is real.
Physique from the squad, where we already made major steps by releasing 3 deadweight players.

Curious to see if Coutinho can maintain this kind of play, and Messi can maintain his role upfront and he won't be the focal point of every attack.

gasgas

Griezmann is quite fit if you ask me.
Covers ground a lot.

He is just slow and cant dribble

Rory

Yeah agree Griezmann covers a lot of ground, just not sure if it's in an intense way or more of a jog, maybe it's just because he's quite slow so it's hard to tell.

Home of Barca Fans