Ronald Koeman

serghei

Good match for him. :thumbsup:

Let's hope we have a good draw in the quarters, and hopefully we play at home. Would be nice to win a title and should get another season if he does.

Andresito

Staff member
As seen plenty of times this season we have so many chances to settle the game in the first half.

In the last 15 games we've had a 2-goal lead at the half time break in only 2 games (Valladolid & Granada). 10W 2D 3L. 27 goals scored 16 conceded. I'm counting the ET/pens as either W or L.

Idk what this depends on. I doubt it's the quality of shooting because I'm fairly sure Koeman's been focusing on shooting during training.
Mentality and lack of confidence overall in the team maybe. Or sloppiness and bad concentration.

If this improves we can rack up wins in the league without much problems. Sooner or later Atleti will fall into a bad run of form and the gap will be reduced. THe end of the season will be tight I think.
But we have to keep up.

FinBarcelonafan

As seen plenty of times this season we have so many chances to settle the game in the first half.

In the last 15 games we've had a 2-goal lead at the half time break in only 2 games (Valladolid & Granada). 10W 2D 3L. 27 goals scored 16 conceded. I'm counting the ET/pens as either W or L.

Idk what this depends on. I doubt it's the quality of shooting because I'm fairly sure Koeman's been focusing on shooting during training.
Mentality and lack of confidence overall in the team maybe. Or sloppiness and bad concentration.

If this improves we can rack up wins in the league without much problems. Sooner or later Atleti will fall into a bad run of form and the gap will be reduced. THe end of the season will be tight I think.
But we have to keep up.

True. We are missing a lot of chances and many games I felt like we could have killed in the first half but missed the chances.

Kul_z

True. We are missing a lot of chances and many games I felt like we could have killed in the first half but missed the chances.

For once im happy with that unlike valverde/setien era where we had no chances but managed to score somehow from out of nothing messi/suarez connection, which was liability when we faced a decent opponent in cl.

De jong is scoring a lot which is super good, he needs to get used to that so that he doesnt choke when he gets in position to score against stronger opponents. Messi is involved, our mf is kinda clicking again, araujo is a big win considering the french fuckups we have at cb, dembele looks fit, and he rotated a lot this month. Automatism is slowly getting integrated which hopefully would lead to the greater things.
We survived the january at pretty high note taking all in consideration, without pique, fati, roberto, dest, coutinho. Im happy that some players took the initative in absence of some of the 'granted' in starting 11, so they would need to put in the work when they come back.
Solid tenure for now

wisconsincule

I hope the new president doesn’t come in and just fire him for the sake of wanting their own guy.

He didn’t get to sign any players he wanted so all things considered he is doing an okay job.

I wouldn’t mind giving him an extra year with adding the free players Depay, Garcia and hopefully Wjnaldum.

Horatio

You're welcome
Good thing is we can only go up from here. Don't see how we could create even more chances and score less compared to know.

JohnN

Missing the top 3 spot in LL or getting eliminated in a similar fashion to last season are the only things that should get him fired.
I was pretty sure we would get trashed by Bayern last season, but I am not so sure now might just be able to keep it decent.

Andresito

Staff member
We've shot ourselves in the foot being so far behind Atleti. But 2nd place is within reach and should be the absolute lowest expectation.

In CL I bet we go out like we did against Athletic in the Supercopa, in a tight game. Don't think we'll be embarrassed again.

I think the PSG game is 50/50 even if it feels like Neymar and Mbappe will score 3 each against our defence at the moment. Much will depend on how motivated Messi is.

LeeRomeno

I think he is doing a good job. I really like his personality, honesty and he obviously is still trying and testing, but just the material to work with is weakest we have had in decades. Literally couple of mentally weak best before over vets, a few massively expensive flops and kids. It is not a balanced side by any means. Also, I do not really recall when we last time created so many chances, but just failed to convert them and then lost points as opponent had 1-2 chances entire game that they converted. Many of those chances have came from dumb invidual mistakes as well rather than wrong tactics.
Sure he has made a few questionable choices, his subs can be better, especially timing of them, but i would like to see him continue his work. Gonna be really tough anyways considering our financial status.

Home of Barca Fans