Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2006

Thread: Ronald Koemmander

  1. #1726
    Best midfielder around
    ThwiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,351
    We seem to be cursed with mid-table managers these days. What is even his plan with Messi? CM, even CDM at times, how is he going to get any chances to finish from there?

  2. #1727
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    5,313
    He should just go for the "hunger/team spirit" angle and play players that actually want to win. Play all the youngsters with Messi and Coutinho starting. Develop them so next season or in two seasons Xavi has an easier time. At least the matches will be entertaining and our team will look like they are trying hard. Right now you can see players like Griez, Dembele, Lenglet, and maybe even Roberto don't give a crap about the shirt.

    We won't be winning La Liga and even CDR with eunuchs like Griezmann starting.
    Se Queda

  3. #1728
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    24,433
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    We seem to be cursed with mid-table managers these days. What is even his plan with Messi? CM, even CDM at times, how is he going to get any chances to finish from there?
    His plan is the obvious "free role".

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    He should just go for the "hunger/team spirit" angle and play players that actually want to win. Play all the youngsters with Messi and Coutinho starting. Develop them so next season or in two seasons Xavi has an easier time. At least the matches will be entertaining and our team will look like they are trying hard. Right now you can see players like Griez, Dembele, Lenglet, and maybe even Roberto don't give a crap about the shirt.
    Problem is you need more. It's not enough to have balls and authority. You also need to be a top manager in terms of tactics and vision. He's dubious in that regard.

  4. #1729
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    13,983
    mediocre manager with 0 balls
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  5. #1730
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - CR7 Undercover Fanboy Sector
    Posts
    8,486
    We created little but we deserved a draw. Anyways, with how poor Madrid are, it is almost a given we will be in the race at least until March, so he is lasting the whole season. Just hope he develops youth.

  6. #1731
    Senior Member
    George_Costanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,483
    Koeman: "Griezmann? I've said many times that we have a lot of quality up front and the players can play in more than one position. Today we put Griezmann at 9, it's important to be able to make those changes."
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

  7. #1732
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,414
    Feels like when his Plan A isn't doing well he ends up fucking it up in the second half.

    First half wasn't great but it was a lot better than that shitshow of a second half.

  8. #1733
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    We seem to be cursed with mid-table managers these days. What is even his plan with Messi? CM, even CDM at times, how is he going to get any chances to finish from there?
    We're not "cursed" with mid-table managers, there are quality managers who would kill to work at Barcelona. (cough, Pochettino). It's just that currently, for the last 10 years, we've had a weird policy of only hiring managers with so called "Barcelona" connection rather than actual qualified coaches.

  9. #1734
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    We're not "cursed" with mid-table managers, there are quality managers who would kill to work at Barcelona. (cough, Pochettino). It's just that currently, for the last 10 years, we've had a weird policy of only hiring managers with so called "Barcelona" connection rather than actual qualified coaches.

    Yes, sometimes Barca culture annoys me. We hire the guy with shit coaching history over a guy who has actually done something as a coach, just because Barca connection. That's just stupid.

  10. #1735
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    24,433
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Yes, sometimes Barca culture annoys me. We hire the guy with shit coaching history over a guy who has actually done something as a coach, just because Barca connection. That's just stupid.
    Yea, it's a tough one. Because, personally, I've only become a fan for that culture. Not for anything else. When I was a teenager, it just seemed to me that this club had a different style of playing compared with the other teams.

    I think the time to hire a big name was when we got Valverde. Now I'd be more inclined to go with a clean slate and Xavi. And if he fails, then go outside the club with something else.

  11. #1736
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    5,313
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Yes, sometimes Barca culture annoys me. We hire the guy with shit coaching history over a guy who has actually done something as a coach, just because Barca connection. That's just stupid.
    Barca culture will continue after Bartomeu too. Next in line after Koeman is Xavi.
    Se Queda

  12. #1737
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    Barca culture will continue after Bartomeu too. Next in line after Koeman is Xavi.
    True but he needs a clean table to start from, like Pep back in the day. Koeman was screwed in that sense, he was dealt very shitty hand to work with.

  13. #1738
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,318
    How can you even consider Xavi? Dude's in Saudi Arabia, where the level of football is years below European football. Aren't you guys sick of this shit? Years after years afyter years of mediocre coaches and you still want Xavi. We can hire Xavi after he does a good job at a decently sized European club. Until then, let's hire managers with actual experience and success at the top level . Poach Nagelsmann, get Poch, fuck anything but mediocre coaches. I'm tired of this shit.

  14. #1739
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    How can you even consider Xavi? Dude's in Saudi Arabia, where the level of football is years below European football. Aren't you guys sick of this shit? Years after years afyter years of mediocre coaches and you still want Xavi. We can hire Xavi after he does a good job at a decently sized European club. Until then, let's hire managers with actual experience and success at the top level . Poach Nagelsmann, get Poch, fuck anything but mediocre coaches. I'm tired of this shit.
    no Barca DNA sorry

    same bullshit policy we have with players. we'll end up appointing Xavi and resort to useless backwards and sideways passing, wasting another 2-3 years and then maybe the next board will actually understand we must look and think outside the box

    I think it was BBZ who said it but Barca dna, inability to evolve and clinging onto the Pep days has set us back so much, we are miles behind teams like Bayern its scary
    Last edited by Givenchy; 17th October 2020 at 11:40 PM.

  15. #1740
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,107
    Barca DNA y nada mas. Make sure you season your food with Camp Nou grass that you can buy in the Barca store , so that you can become a real Barca fan with Barca DNA.

    I started seasoning my food with Camp Nou grass these past 4 months and I kid you not I can speak the Catalan language fluently now.
    Last edited by messi2140; 18th October 2020 at 12:01 AM.
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

    Valverde: "This is football. It costs us and it costs the whole world."

Tags for this Thread