Ronald Koeman

FC B

Barca DNA bullshit and politics will continue to hold us back. expecting another ex-player with this mythical 'barca dna' or maybe they'll throw Xavi in at the deep end.

same goes for signing Garcia for CB. we wouldn't be atall interested if he had no history with Barca

Exactly!

Imo our only chance to start making Barca great again is to finally change/adapt/evolve/ thoroughly and greatly the club's managing and playing philosophies.

we are in the middle of a pandemic, with zero money (in a lot of debt in fact), no good coach available, and i highly doubt even a mediocre coach would want to coach this team. Just too much wrong with the club for the time being. There's no other option besides RK.

Pochettino is available and I would go for him.

Last edited:

vegitot

Exactly!

Imo our only chance to start making Barca great again is to finally change/adapt/evolve/ thoroughly and greatly the club's managing and playing philosophies.

Pochettino is available and I would go for him.

But but he is no Barca DNA.

JohnN

One coach is bad, the next one is mediocre and so on.
It might also have to do with our players not being up to the required standard. Koeman issues are beginning to show ofcourse, but he really can't do much without a proper first 11.
Remember, we used to criticize EV for ALWAYS using the same players, week in week out. That led to players getting hurt and tired but it also created a chemistry.
We play different guys every game since Setien took over and that's why we cannot see any improvement in our play, only inconsistent performances.
I will say it again, everyone who wanted the veterans to go, including myself, should be aware that the level of play WILL go down immensely.
You can't just throw in guys like pedri, Fati and trincao and expect to be the top dog in Spain.

FinBarcelonafan

One coach is bad, the next one is mediocre and so on.
It might also have to do with our players not being up to the required standard. Koeman issues are beginning to show ofcourse, but he really can't do much without a proper first 11.
Remember, we used to criticize EV for ALWAYS using the same players, week in week out. That led to players getting hurt and tired but it also created a chemistry.
We play different guys every game since Setien took over and that's why we cannot see any improvement in our play, only inconsistent performances.
I will say it again, everyone who wanted the veterans to go, including myself, should be aware that the level of play WILL go down immensely.
You can't just throw in guys like pedri, Fati and trincao and expect to be the top dog in Spain.

True but that's fine. We needed to start rebuilding process. Longer we wait, the longer it would take. If we re-signed Messi and Suarez for another three years, we would be okay club max. For the next three years. Forget about CL, not to mention the struggle in couple years time with old overpaid players. I am happy we put those guys out. It was time.

serghei

Puig moved very well. Just fucking play him. It's the fastest midfielder we have ffs apart from De Jong.

Too bad we won't see a De Jong - Puig - Pedri midfield 3 with this guy in charge. It has the most potential out of what we have.

Messi983

He did everything right today imo. Starting with leaving Messi/FDJ at home, choosing good lineup (very close to what I've wanted) and made good subs. We also played quite well, so no complaints from me.

He'll need to use the remaining depth squad we have more in coming weeks. I'd continue playing this "B team" against Ferencvaros and Juve. Focus should be on the league for now so let Messi&Co. rest in those games.

Also, he's the first Barca coach to win his first 4 games in CL.

soul24rage

He did everything right today imo. Starting with leaving Messi/FDJ at home, choosing good lineup (very close to what I've wanted) and made good subs. We also played quite well, so no complaints from me.

He'll need to use the remaining depth squad we have more in coming weeks. I'd continue playing this "B team" against Ferencvaros and Juve. Focus should be on the league for now so let Messi&Co. rest in those games.

Also, he's the first Barca coach to win his first 4 games in CL.

Yup, credit due to him.

Just my preference, would have wanted Puig over Pedri as I thought Pedri played a lot of games recently.

Also agree with the B team for the rest of the CL group stage.

Birdy

I will repeat what i wrote in the game thread:

Koeman is doing a good job so far, and if Messi was gone this would have been way more evident (because he wants to implement a high and consistent pressing that can only work with 10 and not 9 players pressuring). It's time for his critics to admit that.

Messi983

Pedri has started as a LW today with Cou in the middle. He's more used playing that role than Puig. Anyway, I think he'll get a rest on Sunday when I expect Dembele, Messi, Coutinho and Griezmann upfront.

As for Puig, I could see him starting next week in Hungary either in a double pivot alongside Busi (he'll probably return by then) or as an AMC with Pedri left, Trincao right and MB upfront. That might still be a bit too inexperienced lineup so I think Koeman will prefer to keep at least one more experienced player in each line.

But these two games should be used for more rotations and experiments for Koeman to learn more about the players who haven't played much so far so if more injuries happens we'll be better prepared.

I also think he's done a solid overall job so far considering all the circumstances. Sure, results in La Liga are not good but our GK mistakes basically gifted points against Alaves and Atletico. And those mistakes were clearly preventable even with our still suspectible defense. We should surely won the first game and I don't think AM was really that much better team either and we would get a point without MATS helping them. So we'd now only be 4 points behind them and everything would look better.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome

Koeman is doing a good job so far, and if Messi was gone this would have been way more evident (because he wants to implement a high and consistent pressing that can only work with 10 and not 9 players pressuring). It's time for his critics to admit that.

I agree. I still fully support Koeman. Fans have to accept not every fixture will be a win or show the desired result. Problems run too deep and it will take time to iron them out. Feel we already had a good number of games that were fun to watch.

kattanib

Puig moved very well. Just fucking play him. It's the fastest midfielder we have ffs apart from De Jong.

Too bad we won't see a De Jong - Puig - Pedri midfield 3 with this guy in charge. It has the most potential out of what we have.

Dest - xxx - Lenglet - Alba
Puig - Pedri - De Jong
Dembele - Messi - Fati

I am getting a hard on just thinking about the possibility of seeing this. A fantasy though for now

behindbrowneyes

True story. And Leo knew it too. Just a quick reminder of what he said in his interview in Summer, after his transfer failed:
?I told the club, including the president, that I wanted to go. I've been telling him that all year. I believed it was time to step aside.

?I believed that the club needed more young players, new players and I thought my time in Barcelona was over. I felt very sorry because I always said that I wanted to finish my career here.

Home of Barca Fans