Ronald Koeman

xxxxxx

Koeman: "Griezmann? I've said many times that we have a lot of quality up front and the players can play in more than one position. Today we put Griezmann at 9, it's important to be able to make those changes."

Isn't this the same guy who said he would put the players in their natural position?

mc_lovin

This season will be chaotic as fuck. Just look at the other big teams (Liverppol, Munich, both Madrids). We had one genuinely terrible game right now (vs Sevilla) and one mediocre, close game last night. Have some patience.

And how the fuck would a "top" coach - like Klopp for example - fix our issues right now? Carve a topclass centre forward out of his ribs? With the squad we have Koemans approach makes a lot of sense, but we will look sterile if things dont click. This will be the story of our season. But its a squad problem. Depay would have been a good start - hopefully in january.

Sterlingfan2000

This season will be chaotic as fuck. Just look at the other big teams (Liverppol, Munich, both Madrids). We had one genuinely terrible game right now (vs Sevilla) and one mediocre, close game last night. Have some patience.

And how the fuck would a "top" coach - like Klopp for example - fix our issues right now? Carve a topclass centre forward out of his ribs? With the squad we have Koemans approach makes a lot of sense, but we will look sterile if things dont click. This will be the story of our season. But its a squad problem. Depay would have been a good start - hopefully in january.

Add City to the List. Im note sure it's Corona or Lower teams starting to catch up because Players difference isn't that big anymore since amazing youth development

Messigician

I literally called him out, I was the first one here to say fucking bullshit he'll play in his natural position while Coutinho and Messi are here. It's literally impossible and for people to stop believing coach's feel good bullshit.

Same as Setien's I can also promise one thing beautiful football. It's just there to get the fans on people's side.

No coach can fix this shambolic recruitment. Sorry but Greaseman missing sitter after sitter.

And sorry but Koeman and Setien aren't better coaches than EV.

EV if you look at behind the scenes stuff is tactically out of the best managers out there period.

Real Madrid fans wwre genuinely happy when we replaced Valverde with Setien because they admitted Valverde tactically outclassed Zidane even when he had prime CR7.

soul24rage

For me personally, I think we should change our formation from the false nine 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-1-2

-We don't really have any reliable wingers.
-We have no real 9.
-Whether we like it or not, Messi is going to play 95% this season and will always drop deep.

For me, this is our best lineup in this formation with our current squad.

MATS---Dest, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Bob, Busquets, DJ---Messi---Griezmann, Fati

Dest and Alba will provide the width while Bob and DJ can cover the space that the fullback leave behind.

I know that Coutinho, our player of the year so far, is not in this lineup, but in this formation, all the players will feel more comfortable imo.

serghei

We're fucked either way. We're like when you do a clean-up in a massively filthy room and before it gets a bit more ordered, there's things everywhere and it looks even worse than before you decided to clean it. But it will get better with time.

What we need to do is continue to clear the veterans on mega-wages and start to raise the funds to rebuild this team properly.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I know interviewers ask him about the likes of Depay.

But it does get annoying after awhile that he seems so obsessed with the idea that Depay would somehow solve our attacking issues. We need a striker no doubt but placing your bets on Depay being that answer, yeah I don't think that is a good idea.

mc_lovin

But it does get annoying after awhile that he seems so obsessed with the idea that Depay would somehow solve our attacking issues. We need a striker no doubt but placing your bets on Depay being that answer, yeah I don't think that is a good idea.

Depay is a good first step. Decent LW option as well. Just imagine replacing Messi, Dembele and (potentially) Griezmann next year. We need good budget options. Especially considering our other weak spots.

serghei

I'm updating my opinions about him and it's not good. And not just because of that, but he seems simple minded. Sure, he has leadership, but he could be leading us nowhere. The recent signs are not good at all.

Home of Barca Fans