Ruling CL group stage
Shit the bed in away games in all competitions

JohnN

Text book valverdian barca.

Relatively Comfortable at camp nou
No exciting football
Ruling CL group stage
Shit the bed in away games in all competitions

We are playing with some 17 year olds though and this is supposed to be a transition year.
More exciting than EV for sure but not more competitive because no Suarez and Messi aging.

mc_lovin

We don't have a WC squad and he is doing fine.
My only compain would be him benching Puig forever, which seems unfair.

But then again he communicated that quite clearly to him. Using Fati, Dest, Trincao and Pedri regularly is more than anyone can ask for in regards to youth.

MagIX

For me it's really simple: we're not good enough.
This team has been put together arbitrarly, without vision/project. This team neither has head nor tail.
This is the result of years and years of mismanagement (without any project at all).

Porque

It was Fenez-Varosh. So not going to go overboard.

But he isn't scared to make subs and play young players (bar obvious things like take off Messi or play Ansu-Pedri together) and I like that. If you told me a season ago that in the CL#1 we would play Trincao, Ansu, Pedri, Dest along with Dembele, Coutinho I would of scoffed at it. But the fact that all of those are so far getting good minutes to prove themselves is a great positive for us long term..

serghei

We're not good enough to challenge for CL (as in being one of the big favorites) and take on the likes of Liverpool, Bayern, maybe even PSG and City. But we're good enough to challenge and win La Liga (in the current state with crap AM and crap Madrid), and we're good enough to beat every other team in Europe except the best 4 or 5.

Last edited:

Messi983

We're not good enough to challenge for CL (as in being one of the big favorites) and take on the likes of Liverpool, Bayern, maybe even PSG and City. But we're good enough to challenge and win La Liga (in the current state with crap AM and crap Madrid), and we're good enough to beat every other team in Europe except the best 4 or 5.

What happened last season is in the past now but so far in this young season I haven't seen any truly dominating team out there yet so we couldn't at least challenge them over two legs with Barca still having a pretty big home field advantage at Camp Nou even without the fans (hopefully situation will improve and they'll be allowed in stadiums next spring at least in some capacity though).

Sure if we'd play L'pool, Bayern or City tomorrow they'd be considered favourites but we'll maybe play one or more of those teams in 5-6 months and a lot can and will change until then. They all have their own problems like we do but people here often overlook them and just look for those teams strengths instead (which is what most fans do I suppose). We don't know yet how L'pool will look longterm without VVD for example. And they've already conceded 7 with him this season. Football is unpredictable so it's way too early to make conclusions about who we can or can't challenge based on a few games we've played so far imo.

vegitot

PSG is outclassed by Man Utd. I dont see why we can not beat them.

FinBarcelonafan

What happened last season is in the past now but so far in this young season I haven't seen any truly dominating team out there yet so we couldn't at least challenge them over two legs with Barca still having a pretty big home field advantage at Camp Nou even without the fans (hopefully situation will improve and they'll be allowed in stadiums next spring at least in some capacity though).

Sure if we'd play L'pool, Bayern or City tomorrow they'd be considered favourites but we'll maybe play one or more of those teams in 5-6 months and a lot can and will change until then. They all have their own problems like we do but people here often overlook them and just look for those teams strengths instead (which is what most fans do I suppose). We don't know yet how L'pool will look longterm without VVD for example. And they've already conceded 7 with him this season. Football is unpredictable so it's way too early to make conclusions about who we can or can't challenge based on a few games we've played so far imo.

Good point. At this point last season no one would have picked Bayern to win, because they were total shitshow.

Home of Barca Fans