User Tag List

Page 256 of 257 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257 LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 3852

Thread: Ronald Koemmander

  1. #3826
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kanada
    Posts
    3,217
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Canada
    loool, he should be thanking koeman personally
    peptastic || EV for Worst Manager of the 21st Century Award || Anti-EV League || Higher Standards for our Club Association || nEVer Again || The North Pole Stands Against EV || EVil is History, Rejoice || Inaugural President of the Canadians Against Valverde Association || EV is Directly Responsible for the 8-2 to Bayern; this is FACTS || Anti-Forum de Amigos League|| EXPECT better from your TOP players || xG doesn't win matches or titles (@Wolfe)

  2. #3827
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum de Amigos still using the Club De Amigos excuse for years and will be decade soon. 😂

  3. #3828
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,894
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiXXX View Post
    Forum de Amigos still using the Club De Amigos excuse for years and will be decade soon. 😂
    It will be even much worse with all senior players gone. No replacements soon (honestly, how can you even replace all of Messi, Pique, Busquest, Alba or maybe even Roberto at one).

  4. #3829
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Ronald Koeman Tax
    jesus christ this is sad. made this psg team look brazil 1970

  5. #3830
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,852
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    It will be even much worse with all senior players gone. No replacements soon (honestly, how can you even replace all of Messi, Pique, Busquest, Alba or maybe even Roberto at one).
    We really can't. We missed the chance to replace 1 player per season for 4 seasons now.

  6. #3831
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,588
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Vp5_vaO94

    First few minutes of this interview probably rings true today and the past few years as well

  7. #3832
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    It will be even much worse with all senior players gone. No replacements soon (honestly, how can you even replace all of Messi, Pique, Busquest, Alba or maybe even Roberto at one).
    The seniors will be gone and will be replace by other turning seniors and will be called club de amigos soon

  8. #3833
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,443
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    It will be even much worse with all senior players gone. No replacements soon (honestly, how can you even replace all of Messi, Pique, Busquest, Alba or maybe even Roberto at one).
    All of them are not what they used to be. We are talking about replacing players that are now below the top level and are rapidly declining.
    The 'how can you replace them' line has been this team's downfall the last years.

    Look at how people here go ecstatic when Suarez scores for Atleti. As if he would have scored as much for Barca, as if he would have stopped being a burden both in pressing and in link-up play.
    You just do it. You just say goodbye to them, ship them out if you can (like Raki, Vidal, Suarez), if you can't permanently bench them.
    Play whoever is the replacement and have faith. Dest has eclipsed Roberto even at 19, Araujo is doing things Pique can't, Pedri has proved miles ahead of Raki even at 18. If Fati hadn't been injured no one would be talking now about Suarez.

    If we keep asking 'how can we replace them', we will never exist this impasse.
    Xavi's Cups

  9. #3834
    Senior Member
    MTL_Barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,107
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team is way past the point of hoping for any form of smooth transition, now it's big cut and hope for the best. And it's not like there are any alternatives without much money to spend and the veterans being 32-34 years old already.

    Biggest problem aren't even the seniors now, it's that pretty much every replacement failed. Lenglet, Umtiti, Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann etc should be what the new team is built around but reality is we talk about selling each and everyone of them here all the time.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; 23rd February 2021 at 05:02 PM.

  10. #3835
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,443
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Barca View Post
    The team is way past the point of hoping for any form of smooth transition, now it's big cut and hope for the best. And it's not like there are any alternatives without much money to spend and the veterans being 32-34 years old already.

    Biggest problem aren't even the seniors now, it's that pretty much every replacement failed. Lenglet, Umtiti, Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann etc should be what the new team is built around but reality is we talk about selling each and everyone of them here all the time.
    Agree for the rest, not for Dembouz
    Xavi's Cups

  11. #3836
    Senior Member
    Respekt_III's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Agree for the rest, not for Dembouz
    He really needs to step up his game for that to be true. Don't get me wrong I think he's needed in this team but that's because our other options are even worse.
    Hes lost 3 years of development due to his injuries so there's always a chance that it can all click but to date it's onky happened on rare occasions. I've expected a lot more from him and he isn't delivering.
    Least of our problems though

  12. #3837
    Junior Member
    enaeipourria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Dembele finishes this season without injury, it is a standard process. Hand him over to a top coach and see how he becomes a key player. We are not talking about finished players. He is one of the best football talents. And has risen from a three-year injury. Who in our team was at his best and most influential level that you expect to be Dembele as well?
    I can't speak English as well as you... But my uncle works in gas station.

  13. #3838
    Senior Member
    behindbrowneyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,033
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Respekt_III View Post
    He really needs to step up his game for that to be true. Don't get me wrong I think he's needed in this team but that's because our other options are even worse.
    Hes lost 3 years of development due to his injuries so there's always a chance that it can all click but to date it's onky happened on rare occasions. I've expected a lot more from him and he isn't delivering.
    Least of our problems though
    This. His end product needs to improve.
    Dembele is now slowly reaching an age where he no longer counts as a talent. He has to win points and ensure victories, like Neymar, Suarez did before him. That is how he will be measured. In the end this is what he was signed for. This has nothing to do with his pricetag. A forward at Barcelona has to deliver, if Barcelona wants to win something. Can't always rely on Messi and put even more weight on his shoulders after losing firing power year after year, season after season. It's time for Dembele to step up and offer more than contributing to a goal every third game.

    That being said, a #9 might improve his output a lot. He had a great partnership with Auba at Dortmund and was more of an assister than a scorer there (which suits his strenghts and weaknesses more). There were numerous situations this season when wingers (Dembele and Trincao mainly) suffered from a lack of presence in the box. Frenkie is helping sometimes, but neither Griezmann nor Messi offer that.

  14. #3839
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    11,957
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    He has to win points and ensure victories, like Neymar, Suarez did before him. That is how he will be measured. In the end this is what he was signed for.
    If we judge him based on this, then it is better to let him go because there is no way he will reach those levels.
    It is either to forget about the initial hype of him, due to price tag and favoring him over Mpabbe, and act like he is a good squad player/border line starter or just move on from him.

  15. #3840
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enaeipourria View Post
    If Dembele finishes this season without injury, it is a standard process. Hand him over to a top coach and see how he becomes a key player. We are not talking about finished players. He is one of the best football talents. And has risen from a three-year injury. Who in our team was at his best and most influential level that you expect to be Dembele as well?
    Dembele's issues aren't tactical or team based, though. He gets plenty of time on the ball, plenty of opportunities for 1vs1s, gets opportunities for counter-attacks every game, and though he does face plenty of low blocks he still receives the ball in plenty of situations where he has time and space to think. When you're 1 on 1 with a defender and you slow down, take 5 touches, and give time for the defensive line to recuperate that's on you. When you're 1 on 1 with a defender and you fake shot (being one of your only two skills) and you hit the ball straight at the CB and lose possession, that's on you. When you're 1 on 1 with a GK and you pass the ball straight at the keeper, that's on you. When players like Fati are constantly finding themselves with opportunities for a shot on goal because they're moving inside the box, and you're not getting opportunities because you're busy sitting on the sideline, that's on you. When fullbacks now know how to neutralize you because your other preferred skill is just kicking it and running, then that's on you.


    He fails to convert opportunities because of his decision making and lack of creativity, not because of the team. He knows how to sprint and cross, but he has no idea how to function as a forward. But yes, he's the least of our problems; though he is a big one.

Tags for this Thread