Ronald Koeman

JamDav1982

What? Mingueza has been much better than Lenglet and Umtiti. We're talking CB right? Mingueza had really one big error in all his games, vs Cadiz, that bad touch leading to an own goal.

Mingueza was even good vs Sevilla away, while Umtiti was flop of the match by a mile.

Mingueza is no starter material, but compared to the walking Looney Tunes duo, Lenglet and Umtiti, he's fucking Baresi.

Mingueza is shite and down to luck more of his blunders have not been exposed but likes of Lenglet cant get to play again after how bad he was vs PSG and before that.

serghei

Mingueza is shite and down to luck more of his blunders have not been exposed but likes of Lenglet cant get to play again after how bad he was vs PSG and before that.

Nowhere near as shit as Lenglet. Lenglet guarantees you at least 2-3 major fuck-ups a game.

Defensively, Mingueza is a 6. Lenglet is a 2 or a 3. That's the difference.

Mingueza is faster, stronger, more aggressive, more focused. He's better in nearly everything tied to pure defending. The only area where he is inferior to Lenglet and Umtiti is ability on the ball. In every other way he's better.

JamDav1982

Nowhere near as shit as Lenglet. Lenglet guarantees you at least 2-3 major fuck-ups a game.

Defensively, Mingueza is a 6. Lenglet is a 2 or a 3. That's the difference.

Mingueza is faster, stronger, more aggressive, more focused. He's better in nearly everything tied to pure defending. The only area where he is inferior to Lenglet and Umtiti is ability on the ball. In every other way he's better.

There is no much difference in the two and Minguezas fuck ups just not resulted in goals but would start him today as poor performances need to have a consequence and for too many didnt.

Rory

Picking Lenglet over Mingueza is picking a 100% definite shit sandwich over a sandwich that says may contain shit. If you absolutely have to pick and you choose option number 1 then god help you.

serghei

There is no much difference in the two and Minguezas fuck ups just not resulted in goals but would start him today as poor performances need to have a consequence and for too many didnt.

:lol: Lol, Lenglet is way beyond "needing to be thought a lesson". That was like 45 fuckups ago.

You don't have to play Mingueza to teach Lenglet a lesson. You need to start him because he's the better CB currently.

Picking Lenglet over Mingueza is picking a 100% definite shit sandwich over a sandwich that says may contain shit. If you absolutely have to pick and you choose option number 1 then god help you.

Pretty much... :lol:

Birdy

Amount of whining here when there is a draw or loss grows exponentially...

Here is the thing: Loss to PSG and draw today have NOTHING to do with one another.
If you watch football and do not just read the result, you should be able to see the difference.
-> Against PSG: we are not at that level for the reasons explained then. We don't have the intensity and consistent running/pressing required at the very top level
-> Against Cadiz: a regular scenario of a good double-decker bus parked that you have to break.
In these scenario the question is a) how efficient you are in breaking them, b) how dangerous they are on the counter.

About b) Cadiz never threatened. They tried to construct some counters by finding Negredo quickly, but Barca's counter pressing there was enough to break down their moves.
They didn't create a single chance during the game, apart from Sobrino's hit with the thigh, which was not a chance, it was an accidental fluke.

About a) we should get better at this, but we were not that bad. 2.2 xG in total shows we created enough to win this game.

If something went wrong today, was how we managed the last 10-15 min of the game given the 1-0 scoreline.

JamDav1982

:lol: Lol, Lenglet is way beyond "needing to be thought a lesson". That was like 45 errors ago.

You don't have to play Mingueza to teach Lenglet a lesson. You need to start him because he's the better player currently.

I never said he has to be 'taught a lesson'. Stop making shit up.

Joan

Defending with 3 old slow fucks is definitely not a way to go. You simply can't field the trio of Pique, Busquets/Pjanić, and Lenglet. That has no chances of success these days when even teams like Cadiz manage quick transition. What you need is at least one physical defender and some additional muscles from the midfield. Araujo - Pique/Lenglet plus Busquets with support from De Jong (gotta control his striker's instincts) might work. Or even Mingueza - Pique with Busquets + De Jong upfront. Everything's better than Pique - Lenglet - Pjanic, really.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Here is the thing: Loss to PSG and draw today have NOTHING to do with one another.
If you watch football and do not just read the result, you should be able to see the difference.
-> Against PSG: we are not at that level for the reasons explained then. We don't have the intensity and consistent running/pressing required at the very top level
-> Against Cadiz: a regular scenario of a good double-decker bus parked that you have to break.
In these scenario the question is a) how efficient you are in breaking them, b) how dangerous they are on the counter.

About b) Cadiz never threatened. They tried to construct some counters by finding Negredo quickly, but Barca's counter pressing there was enough to break down their moves.
They didn't create a single chance during the game, apart from Sobrino's hit with the thigh, which was not a chance, it was an accidental fluke.

About a) we should get better at this, but we were not that bad. 2.2 xG in total shows we created enough to win this game.

If something went wrong today, was how we managed the last 10-15 min of the game given the 1-0 scoreline.
I agree with this
But I have to moan about Griezmann and Dembele after both games, De Jong as well deserves to be pointed at. Pedri played better today.
And Koeman is the one who have to recieve the most critique, although not for the starting lineups (although I think it's obvious Puig should play and Griezmann should not play)

serghei

My concerss with De Jong are starting to resurface again. He's a DM-CM, not an efficient box-to-box player. Someone like Fernades from United is a real midfielder with an attacking edge. De Jong may have moments of attacking form where he can score, but overall, he is not fit to play in an advanced position.

De Jong needs to be transitioned into Busi's role, and a new midfielder who can pose an attacking threat consistently should be brought. Pedri needs to be talked to, because outside of a few genius moments every 2-3 games, he's not delivering enough penetration. Puig has been better than him at progressing the ball effectively lately.

Having a final pass every 3-4 games is not enough for Pedri. He is maneuvering a lot of balls and his solutions are not doing much for me. Looks very slow as well, which makes me think he's been badly overplayed by Koeman.

Rory

It's poor management if you consistently pick a player that consistently makes mistakes, gets red carded and gives away penalties. Nothing to do with the tactics of the team. Koeman got that right, we created chances, kept Cadiz at bay. It's not enough to do those things and then make other poor decisions.

Bobo32

My concerss with De Jong are starting to resurface again. He's a DM-CM, not an efficient box-to-box player. Someone like Fernades from United is a real midfielder with an attacking edge. De Jong may have moments of attacking form where he can score, but overall, he is not fit to play in an advanced position.

De Jong needs to be transitioned into Busi's role, and a new midfielder who can pose an attacking threat consistently should be brought. Pedri needs to be talked to, because outside of a few genius moments every 2-3 games, he's not delivering enough penetration. Puig has been better than him at progressing the ball effectively lately.

Having a final pass every 3-4 games is not enough for Pedri. He is maneuvering a lot of balls and his solutions are not doing much for me. Looks very slow as well, which makes me think he's been badly overplayed by Koeman.
De Jong is more of a b2b than a pivote.
He doesn't look very much as a giraffe, but how wouldn't you moan about him taking his time with the ball in that position?
He is always coming deep to recieve, dribbling for 10-15m, looking around, then passing it back to a defender. After this he will be out of position and the ball will be in a worse play than before he was involved.
I mostly agree on Pedri, but he played a couple of good passes today at least. As Barcelona were dominating so hard he got to see more of the ball than usual.

Birdy

It's poor management if you consistently pick a player that consistently makes mistakes, gets red carded and gives away penalties. Nothing to do with the tactics of the team. Koeman got that right, we created chances, kept Cadiz at bay. It's not enough to do those things and then make other poor decisions.

Don't get me wrong.
I am furious to see both Lenglet and Pique playing. I just don't see alternatives: Umtiti is not trusted by Koeman, and Mingueza makes also experience mistakes

Home of Barca Fans