Ronald Koeman

soul24rage

I feel like his in-game management has been great the last few games. Making changes at better times than the chaotic mess of his first few games and the right subs too. Props to him.

His in-game management while we are losing is what worries me. Taking off midfielders and putting more forwards being the main example.

But so far he's getting better with everything else besides that and playing Busi a lot more than what I hoped.

Messi983

Weird how close the Bilbao games are to each other... don?t think I?ve ever seen home and away games that close.

Away game against Bilbao should've been played in September but it was rescheduled to January to give us more rest before a new season. Atletico's and Sevilla's first two games were also rescheduled for the same reason.

His in-game management while we are losing is what worries me. Taking off midfielders and putting more forwards being the main example.

But so far he's getting better with everything else besides that and playing Busi a lot more than what I hoped.

Agreed.

We also still need to see not only Koeman but also his team to react better when losing. We've usually been toothless in those games so far. It's true Getafe and AM are probably the touhgest teams in La Liga to break down when they lead and can play their game. We've equalized vs Alaves but couldn't score a second goal despite them being a man down for almost 30 minutes and us creating more than enough chances (so that game is more on players - Neto giving up a cheap goal and then forwards not scoring - than Koeman imo).We've also replied fast to Madrid's first goal in El Clasico but couldn't do that when they've scored a second and then what's worse totally fallen apart once Koeman made his subs which were 1. too late and 2. wrong ones.

So I wouldn't mind conceding first and early vs Juve next week to see how Koeman and players on the pitch will react against a good opponent who also knows how to defend (though not as good as in the past) and could also hurt us on the counters. That would be a pretty good test in what I still consider a pretty meaningless game (as I've explained before I don't really give that much importance if we finish 1st or 2nd). And we could also lose 0-2 and still finish top of the group. But if we could turn around and win that game by players responding well and Koeman also making good decisions (either tactical changes - those are not always as easy to see though - or making the right subs at the right time) it would be another sign we're on the right track.

Last edited:

raedkuwait

If nothing else he has at least shown us that we potentially have two young CB, who could at the very least be our 3rd & 4th choice if not more.

But Still remember he was forced into this by the injuries, so if we had pique and roberto fit nothing would have changed i think

fergus90

Absolutely, I agree with you there. Any time we've been chasing the game he's made some truly chaotic subs that have left us with 1 midfielder and about 6 attackers. I just feel he's being a bit more clever with rotations now and making good subs last few games. The real test is when we fall behind again.

In regards to Busquets, Koeman needs to be brave and drastically reduce his role. I hear him mention several times after a particularly uninspiring half that Barca needs to move the ball quicker etc, it's about time he put 2 and 2 together and realized some of the old core aren't up to it anymore and haven't been for some time.

Devils

I mean playing Busi in a starting spot, Coutinho on the wing while benching our actual wingers...I mean this guy is just self-sabotaging himself.

SmilerBam

I mean playing Busi in a starting spot, Coutinho on the wing while benching our actual wingers...I mean this guy is just self-sabotaging himself.

No.He is just a weak coach.His Barca is a mess.I really don t understand what are we playing.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The mistakes by the defenders were probably the major reason Barca lost this game. But him starting with 3 10's and still insisting with playing Busquets didn't help either.

fergus90

I would be surprised if he survives this season. Already made far too many mistakes.

Outside of the Netherlands where hasn't he made loads of mistakes? Had he not played for Barca and score that winning goal, he wouldn't even make a top 20 shortlist of possible candidates.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There is a serious lack of goals, but we lose points by giving away the most stupid goals... Just look at the goals we have conceded against Getafe, Alav?s, Madrid, Atl?tico and today against Cadiz, all of them have been absolutely ridiculous for an aspiring top team!

fergus90

I'm just waiting for his Everton tenure to repeat itself where after repeated failures, in the post match interview he says he won't fault the commitment and attitude of his players game after game.

malvolio

Transition season or NOT, bad luck or not, shit squad or not, the current form is sack worthy.
This guy won't make January at this rate

Home of Barca Fans