Ronald Koeman

ItachiXXX

Koeman has two losses in five league matches. Valvere didnt lose until game 37. Similar thing though

Forum De Amigos will claim they are younger with Valverde the same people that claim that Valverde management was about the old Amigos :lol:
Barca now surrounded by hype youngsters with a so called Koemmander not a Retardo Valverde still not impressive. Atleast Retardo Valverde can still win against RM even without Messi with Amigos leading the pack

ItachiXXX

I mean everyone thought we were finished after Neymar left and were singing players like Alex Vidal, Gomes, Turan Paulinho etc.

But Valverde exceeded all expectations and nearly went unbeaten while clearing out the deadweight.

Despite the unfortunate circumstances Koeman has to learn and do better if he's to succeed here.

This

Koeman: "Although we have lost two games, I don't think we should worry too much, it's early and we are working well."

Lmfao

The Vibe :lol:

Yeah he's going viral on social media for it.

And I quote a Everton fan " Thank goodness we dont have to hear rubbish like this again..."

:lol:

JohnN

We already set our goal for this season to finish top3 and make it to last 16 of CL, so let's wait.
We are playing with 3 under 20 players who are talented, a 34 yo Messi who can perform for 1 half in top level, a really bad defensive duo and some other guys.
If we finish second, it will be an overachievement.

Benching Griezmann is the stuff of dreams. Now let's turn to 4-3-3 and play Puig too.

Messigician

We already set our goal for this season to finish top3 and make it to last 16 of CL, so let's wait.
We are playing with 3 under 20 players who are talented, a 34 yo Messi who can perform for 1 half in top level, a really bad defensive duo and some other guys.

Benching Griezmann is the stuff of dreams. Now let's turn to 4-3-3 and play Puig too.

What are you talking about.

The goal is to always win the league while we have Messi here

serghei

Even the best managers out there would struggle with this squad especially when club politics forces you to shoehorn a legend in decline like Messi.
Messi really screws the shape and set up of the team. Of course lesser players like Busquets and Pique are not much help either but atm Messi is the elephant in the room.
If Koeman can just build a loose structure based on the young players then he would have done his job.
I am not expecting any trophies this season and I just hope we exit Cl in a dignified way.
My old heart can't take any maulings anymore.

Pretty much. If he gives time to young players, and I include Puig here, and we don't extend Messi, and we finish top 4 it's a good season.

Koeman's balls fell off when dealing with Messi. We all knew it was possible.

Last edited:

Rory

At 2-1 we were struggling to make penetrative passes from defence to the attack, bringing on someone like puig might have changed this. Probably the only midfielder we have that tries a quick forward pass as soon as the option is available. I do think Messi dropping so deep at times is partly caused by Frenkie/Busquets inability to provide that sort of ball.

mc_lovin

I am not writing Koeman off yet. We are still just 5 games in. Drawing the right conclusions (or not) will be the difference maker for me.

fergus90

I am not writing Koeman off yet. We are still just 5 games in. Drawing the right conclusions (or not) will be the difference maker for me.

Neither should anyone as 5 games is a small sample size. The problem he faces though is that he's auditioning to keep his job under a new president and managerial cock-ups like yesterday won't help his cause if he continues in that way.

FinBarcelonafan

I would agree with top three, BUT Atletico and Real are in very bad shape. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't aim at winning LaLiga. Copa and LaLiga is the trophies we can win, if Koeman fixes this shitshow of a team somehow.

Morten

I would agree with top three, BUT Atletico and Real are in very bad shape. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't aim at winning LaLiga. Copa and LaLiga is the trophies we can win, if Koeman fixes this shitshow of a team somehow.

We may be favorites, but only so slightly.
Just because we won the Clasico doesnt suddenly make us good, and you guys dont sit low so we will always get our opportunities, problem is we are pretty much useless against teams that sit low, you guys at least have some creativity.

Tune in for our next la liga match, and watch us create 2 goal chances in 90 minutes against a low block.

Sorin

Playing a double pivot where one of them is fecking Busquets is on him and only on him. Oh, but Frenkie is best in a double pivot, so fucking try another one there because it doesn't work. Small sample size or not it's the same shit Valverde did with Raki and Busquets over and over again and everyone knew it doesn't work. Being 5 games in should not count as an excuse.

Try putting Pjanic/Puig/Bob there. And if it still doesn't work, change the damn system to a 4-3-3, or 4-3-2-1(the Christmas tree). Will it work? Who knows but show some flexibility, show some insight into trying to counter the other team, try some other avenues. So far, exacerbated by the fact that he waits until the 80th minute to make a sub, koeman looks like a stubborn mule with very little and fixed ideas. Doesn't look good so far.

Edit: the 4-3-2-1 might work at times if Dest shows the same quality going forward. We can use Alba and Dest to provide wing play. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there but Koeman should change things here and there because continuing every damn game with the 4231 is not going to cut it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans